Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Star is Born" girls quilt.......happy and bright colors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Star is Born" girls quilt.......happy and bright colors!

Finished another quilt.....

I had my 1st anniversary of quilting last week, exact one year ago I bought my first fabric and started quilting......I had no idea this would be such a change in my life, just that first quilt got me hooked.....

I want to thank you all for all the love and support and friendship over the last year, I would not know where I would have been without you!!!!!!!!!!!!

So please take a look at my quilt, it is childsize I think, but my daughters both told me they loved it aswell, they would use it to snuggle under watching a movie.......so I think it has no age on it. I loved making it, the colors are bright, the stars make this quilt just a bit different, and the binding is the same color as the stars, I really like the way this turned out.
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: "A Star is Born" girls quilt.......happy and bright colors!

Klasien, I think we share an anniversary! It was the middle of October, 2011 on a Sunday when I bought my fabric for my first bed sized quilt, finished it in a few days! I'll bet we did our fabric shopping and quilt making starting on the same day! Now I'm so totally into it, it's almost a sickness!

Your star quilt is very darling and girly! I love the different sized stars, and the cute heart on the backing! You are a very creative quilter.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 14, 2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Klasien, Your quilt is awesome...love it! I remember that we got you and Jean as new members at the same time last year! Both of your add so much to our group...we love you both!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Very nice!
        sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
        A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
        And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

That is very pretty! You'd never know you've only been quilting a year your work is lovely.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Such a pretty quilt!!! Happy anniversary!!!
            I took up Quilting and gave up cooking!
            Dena

Comment

Happy Anniversary. You have done a great job. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Happy anniversary to you! I'd never have guessed you'd only been quilting a year (you too, Jean). You make so many quilts and they are are so lovely.
                When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Wow. I started right around that time, as well. Klasien and Jean, I thought both of you were years in...
                  Happy Anniversary! It's been a great year, stimulating the economy 1 yard at a time!
                  I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                  It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Happy Anniversary! The quilt is gorgeous and looks so snuggly too! I can see why your girls would love to use it!!!
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

As usual, Klasien, your talents amaze us all - love your latest.

Can we have an update on Douwe? I still have him in my prayers.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

This is one happy little quilt! I love the stars - what a nice touch. The fabrics are perfect for each other and that heart on the back is so pretty. Klasien, you did a really great job!
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful quilt!

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

ive been quilting for 2 years tomorrow.. still as obsessed if not more, i know how u feel isnt it great. your quilt is very pretty.. love the stars.

Comment

that quilt is beautiful! Happy Anniversary!
                              These things, I warmly wish for you-
                              Someone to love, some work to do,
                              A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                              And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                              `*.¸.*´
                              ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                              (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                              http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

Working...
                              X