First pieced quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pieced quilt

This is my first pieced quilt. It's for a good friends future Granddaughter. I think it may just be the first of many because I really enjoyed making it and I seem to be thinking of starting another real soon. I have so much left over fabric since I always buy a little extra fabric especially if it's something I really like.
    Diane

Re: First pieced quilt

that is so cute!! great job...it turned out wonderful...can't wait to see what you come up with next!!
    Michele

Comment

It's darling! Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Looks great! What a lucky baby

Comment

Originally posted by rougealar
          This is my first pieced quilt. It's for a good friends future Granddaughter. I think it may just be the first of many because I really enjoyed making it and I seem to be thinking of starting another real soon. I have so much left over fabric since I always buy a little extra fabric especially if it's something I really like.
          Diane

I like it!!!!
          sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

WOW!! Good job!! I bet you are so proud to have it done!! It is adorable....that is gonna be one lucky baby!!

Thanks for sharing!! WE love show and tell around here!!

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments

Comment

It does look great I love the little animals! and this...

Originally posted by rougealar
                I have so much left over fabric since I always buy a little extra fabric especially if it's something I really like.
                ...is what I need to be doing! What a great way to pump up your stash!
                To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

The quilt turned out wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the next one. Its an obsession you know.

Comment

Originally posted by acecraig100
                    The quilt turned out wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the next one. Its an obsession you know.
                    Oh yes! We know!
                    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Cute quilt, you did a very nice job.

Comment

What a beautiful baby quilt! Thanks for showing it off!

Comment

Yuor quilt is really cute - did you get to gift it yet? And?
                          Have you started another yet with the fabric you purchased extra? Pillowcases made in the roll up method are really fun and would be a good way to use yardage - or start some strings bloxks! Keep us posted.. I dont' recall seeing you were on another project yet, if I missed it, excuse me please, I'm old.
                          If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Yes I did give the quilt to my friends daughter. She really liked it. I'm glad I started extra early on it because I hadn't made one before, she had a few problems and had her healthy baby girl earlier than expected I have made a few projects since I made the quilt but I haven't posted them on site because they aren't quilted items. I like to make purses and so far since I just started quilting none have been quilted....but I think I see that in my future I do plan on starting a Christmas string quilt after I am done with the next purse. I think that will be a fun project.
                            Diane

Comment

Diane - how nice that you got that gift started early! Never know when you will need it. That Warm Wishes I did for my neighbors grand daughter - same thing, she came early at 2.5 pounds! Now, If you wait to show your project until it is all completed .. we may not get to see what you are doing and cheer you on while you are at it! I'd love to see the things you have made - purses included. BTW - you may get hooked on the strings things - and be warned you will have to lock them up at night - they reproduce while you aren't looking!!! And if you get too busy at your machine you may look up and find they doubled right under your very nose!!! Dead serious.
                              If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Working...
                              X