Wool applique anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wool applique anyone?

Just recently I took a wool applique class at my local quilt shop. I've wanted to do something with wool for a while and had collected some used wool clothing..blazers, skirts, etc. The book that we used is a great one...it is by Lisa Bongean...and is Autumn Gatherings, I think. I'll double check that title. Lots of great patterns.
    If you are interested in wool, try this. It's easy and fun. I am currently doing lots of blanket stitching around the tongues and then I'll iron on the crow and the oak leaves for the center. You can get a kit for this from Primitive Gatherings. The wools are gorgeous colors...if you love bright yummy fall colors and I have a good amount of leftover wool for the next project. Go to their site and have a look at all their kits, so fun!
    Brenda

Re: Wool applique anyone?

I am currently doing lots of blanket stitching around the tongues

Who's tongues are you stitching around?
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

There are some tongues that need stitching!! TeeHee

Comment

Is there a link for the pattern or a picture of what you are making? I'd love to see it.
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

She is just teasing us. She made this up.

WE NEED PICTURES. We are a visual bunch~!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm so confused!
            Cil
            A quilt is a blanket of love
            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I like wool applique to look at, but I am allergic to wool and can't have it around me. I would love to see a picture when you are done.
              Tortugaquilter

Comment

Go to this site she does a lot of wool applique and I want to try some too. No wool but felt to start with.

bustleandsew.com
                Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                :lol:

Comment

I saw her on Quilting with the stars and I have wanted to try it. I too would love to see some Picts!
                  Life is too short not to quilt with someone you love.

Comment

I'll try to get some pics for you guys. I'm so not a technical person.
                    The pattern I'm using is one by Primitive Gatherings and it is called "Redware Crow Mat" and is in the book Autumn Gatherings by Lisa Bongean. I may have already said this...not sure. Really cute and easy. I joined a wool applique group at my local quilt shop. They don't really teach this class but get together and start a new project together every other month.
                    To me, the main drawback to wool working is the cost of wool. It's over $30 a yard...but the hand dyed is gorgeous!
                    Lots of people buy used and dye it themselves especially for rug hooking.

Comment

Probably what was confusing was the comment about "tongues." The tongues are the round cuts of wool that usually extend around the table mats. I guess to someone in the past they looked like tongues.
                      I especially like the wall hangings and the pillows. I'm not much of a decorator so don't do table runners, etc. much. My cat would try to eat anything like that. He's at that age that he knocks everything on the floor and chews on it. That would be disastrous!

Comment

Working...
                      X