Halloween QAYG Coasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween QAYG Coasters

Inspired by an album picture I saw today on here and the quilt as you go method from Jenny's newest tutorial - plus having had to move the box of halloween fabrics to get to the christmas for the block swap - i decided to give it a shot - Came up with these cute little coasters - this is a front & back shot YAY!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; September 18, 2010, 12:33 AM.
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Re: Halloween QAYG Coasters

way to go... i dream is own own more halloween decor than x-mas.... but these are great... i love the big color
    all the best
    Gina

Comment

They are amazing, so fun and colourful. Forgive me for being British but I've got what may be a very silly question.

What are the orange triangle type things on the black background? I see them a lot on halloween fabric but have no idea what they are. I'm assuming they're something American!
      Quilting through the dull times
      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

They are CANDY CORN! you don't have candy corn???? omgoodness! No Hershey's chocolate and no candy corn! thats crazy - i love candy corn ..... only get it this time of year....... i MUST send you some!!!
        hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Aaaaahhhh candy corn! You know, I've heard people talk about it in films and on Tv and I've seen these pictures and never put two and two together!

Is it candy in the shape of corn or candied corn? That's one thing that hasn't made it across the Atlantic yet.
          Quilting through the dull times
          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Those are sooo cute Suzi!!! You are so creative!!

GAH no candy corn!! It's candy shaped like corn and it wouldn't be Halloween without it. We must get you some!
            Shelia

Comment

process sugar candy in the shape of corn kernels. they do make other shapes too, pumpkins and bats and maple leaves and mix them all together and call it "autumn mix" ........ oh and you can also get corns that have brown (chocolate) on them rather than the white - those are called indian corn. in another month or so we will see the same candy (mello-cremes) in holiday shapes and red / green colors,.... in feb they come out in little cupids and hearts in red and white.........but it was the candy corn that started it all!!

p.s. it is possible to buy these all year long - but to me, they are a sign of fall and so I only buy them this time of year - yeah right! LOL
              hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by ginampls View Post
                way to go... i dream is own own more halloween decor than x-mas.... but these are great... i love the big color
                Thanks Gina, yeah - I have wayyyyyyy to much Halloweenie decorations. Used to do Plastic Canvas - lots of tissue boxes and wallhanging and frig magnets are ghosts and witches and pumkins - Holding yard sale on Oct 8 and putting it all out to get rid of it. Stop on by!
                Last edited by pdjewelrylady; September 18, 2010, 02:33 PM.
                hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Those are so cute thanks for sharing.
                  Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

Cute Cute!!
                    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                    PAULA

Comment

I just saw your coasters and they are great! I'm going to try making some. May have questions later.
                      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Your coaster are great! They just look like "fun"!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

These are soo cute. Im fairly new to quilting and dont have any halloween fabric but think I definately need to get some. And thanks for clearing up the candy corn issue, Im a brit too and was also wondering what that was lol

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                            Thanks Gina, yeah - I have wayyyyyyy to much Halloweenie decorations. Used to do Plastic Canvas - lots of tissue boxes and wallhanging and frig magnets are ghosts and witches and pumkins - Holding yard sale on Oct 8 and putting it all out to get rid of it. Stop on by!
                            i have to dig out out my stuff. too bad you are in florida, and that i never have money other wise id buy out your lot... and i hate candy corn... way to sweet...
                            all the best
                            Gina

Comment

How cute...I agree Candy Corn is a sign of fall. My girls love it ...me I just look at it...If its not chocolate ....I pass on most lol!!
                              One Moment at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X