C'est Finis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'est Finis!

Well, my quilt is finished and has been delivered to my best friend and her husband. Before I left their home, they had installed it on their bed. I'm glad I added the 6" wide black border and the cornerstones rather than just binding it.

I celebrated by coming home and starting on a variation of the double slice layer cake quilt.

Oh, the name of the pattern is COLORES. I have named the quilt COLORES SUNBURST.

COLORES Back.jpg
    The back, showing the sunburst, with one of the cornerstones folded over from the front.

COLORES block detail.jpg
    My favorite of the blocks.

COLORES Cornerstone.jpg
    Close up of the cornerstone. I used the Squash Blossom pattern from the Farmer's Wife to make these.

COLORES FRONT.jpg
    The whole thing lying on my lawn! I had DH hold it up for me, but he couldn't hold it in a way that showed the cornerstones. It perfectly fits a queen sized waterbed, and ended up being 87 x 87
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Re: C'est Finis!

Tres beau!
    Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

Fabulous!!!!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Very pretty........a lot of work went into this one! Great job!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Wow! This is " knock your socks off" beautiful. I'm sure your friends love it and love you for making it for them.

Comment

Totally Awesome Dudette!!!!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

This is beautiful! So much work and the colors are great!
              Cil
              A quilt is a blanket of love
              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Pam in Vegas
                Pam in Vegas

Comment

Wow that is one beautiful quilt.
                  Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

I love it...of course having lived in Arizona for 10 years has a little something to do with it...I have lots of southwestern fabric and no idea what to do with it.........hmmmmmm.......maybe I can come up with something ...maybe a double slice layer cake or fence rail...have to think about it....yours is absolutely gorgeous....was it a hard pattern to put together?

Comment

gorgeous beautiful. I so much love how black lets the colors pop.
                      Best wishes and Greetings
                      Kerstin:icon_hug:

I put my rootbeer in a square cup.... now it's just beer :)

Comment

Originally posted by lilmouse View Post
                        I love it...of course having lived in Arizona for 10 years has a little something to do with it...I have lots of southwestern fabric and no idea what to do with it.........hmmmmmm.......maybe I can come up with something ...maybe a double slice layer cake or fence rail...have to think about it....yours is absolutely gorgeous....was it a hard pattern to put together?
                        It wasn't really difficult, per se. The fabric is cut into 2" strips, then each strip is subcut into 2", 3.5", and 5" segments. The pattern came with a "map" to show how to pay out the pieces, which came in quite handy. Rather than sewing together the rows, you sew each column, then sew the columns together. Because there are so many little seams, it took about 45 mins to an hour to assemble each block.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!!

Comment

Dear everyone:
                            THANK YOU! I just got an email from my best friend which says, "I love my quilt! It is so bright that every time I go into my room it makes me happy!"

I couldn't ask for higher praise than that.

Comment

Very beautiful!

I love when the colors pop so much, it is very hard to get nice black fabric overhere....I know is'nt that strange......cotton is so thin here and solids are very hard to get.....but some day I will find nice black fabric and make a quilt with lots of color, I might save you pictures if that is okay with you.
                              This is one of my favorite quilts, super job well done!!!!!
                              It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Working...
                              X