sewing machine table thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sewing machine table thing

Just want to show off the sewing table my husband made for me I had seen one on a youtube video and started looking on-line to buy one but they are waaaaay tooooo much $$ for me to lay out! SO he made it!! It makes sewing the sashings SO easy because it provided that little extra table width over the arm of my machine. I love love love it.

He says he can make them in any or all sizes......... my friend Pam will have one by the end of the day too!! YAY!

Hugs, Suzi
    Attached Files
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Re: sewing machine table thing

Congrats! Your husband did a great job. I love all that work area!
    Shelia

Comment

And a new business is born. That's really a great idea.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

My husband made one for me as well, quite a while ago! I love it, and it saved us, what, $200? Best of all, he already had all of the "ingredients", so he didn't have to spend any money.

Your husband did a great job!!
        ~Laurie

Comment

I saw some of these at the last show I went to and the ones from the sewing machine manufacturers seemed ridiculously overpriced. He did a great job and I'm sure there would be a market for them.
          Quilting through the dull times
          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Going to beg my husband now....

Comment

HHHMMMMMM..... Looks like Mr. Middlesis1966 will be busy when he gets back from his vaca, lol. Thanks Suzi. I have been lookn at on for months now. I didnt want to shell out that much money. That would have to come out of my fabric money and this chic wasnt willing to do that. Thanks a bunch for the idea!!
              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
              PAULA

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                And a new business is born. That's really a great idea.
                That is just what Tim said! We have a couple of Farmers Markets in the area and he plans to make up a dozen or so and take them down there next week. whooohooooooo I think if he stains in different wood color or even paint in soft yellow or pink and then varnish they will go quick......... he says to ask you ladies what a good pricepoint would be.... $25 / $30 ??
                hugs, Suzi
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Oh, I wish I lived closer to you, I would order one! My sis lives in Florida, but unfortunately their trip north for this year has already happened so I don't even have that option.
                  I would think $30-$50 for them would be more than a fair price as long as he has made sure he figured in his time,materials and also stain if he is going to finish them like that.
                  What a great hubby!
                  Lola
                  :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                    That is just what Tim said! We have a couple of Farmers Markets in the area and he plans to make up a dozen or so and take them down there next week. whooohooooooo I think if he stains in different wood color or even paint in soft yellow or pink and then varnish they will go quick......... he says to ask you ladies what a good pricepoint would be.... $25 / $30 ??
                    hugs, Suzi
                    I would think that is a bargain! I think $50.00 is a better price. I agree with Lola. He has to figure his time and material. And if he was going to stain them, more. People could ask for special wood or stain and it could possible even be more. What a great idea!!!!
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

$50.00!

Mod podged fabric would look cool on it too.

Comment

Watch the paint. You want to make sure that it won't wear excessively with all of the fabrics running over it. Probably the stain and a satin varnish would be a good choice. Routering the edges to round them off would also be a thought if he has those tools.
                        Way to keep the budget under control, and possibly make a bit o'cash on the side!
                        Good Job!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

VERY NICE. I LOVE THE ROUTERED EDGES... AND THE SMOOTH SHINE TO THE POLY... I ENVEY YOU....
                          gina from mpls now northern MN.
                          all the best
                          Gina

Comment

Very nice! Wish I had one!
                            Patti
                            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Since Florida is just a tad too far from Pennsylvania (of course I am planning on hitting Parris Island in S. Carolina at the beginning of December if the snows stay away), and DH has lots of wood out in the garage waiting for projects to be made for me, I will show him your pictures and see if he can't make me one of those!

I would go with the $40 range for the sewing machine table thing. If they go like hotcakes, then I would raise my price to $50 for the next time.

Hugs,
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                              X