Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

    I really need to try one of these.
    Florence

    Comment


      #32
      Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

      Originally posted by Quilting Queen View Post
      I really need to try one of these.
      Quilting Queen, I will share my crown with you! Yes, do try one, they are so fun because you don't know how they will turn out, each one is different! And they go together very fast.

      Where do you live in Oregon? My sister lives in Portland, and I was just up there and am going back next weekend. They have a new home they built in Manzinita, we are going to work on getting some cushions made for a few window seats.
      Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM.

      Comment


        #33
        Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

        I posted a tote bag a little while ago,, it's in album i think... and as well,, i like the verticle seam... my strips were much wider... but this whole JR quilt is fabulous... and Jean... you have shown us all what "stepping out of the box" can do... For me... it's a way of life... tell me the rule, or instruction,, and i immediately have to break it or try to make it my own... that's what makes crafting fun for me... You are just the perfect type of person to "teach" this stuff...It keeps people comfortable... you'll do very well with this... can't wait to hear how it all goes... and ps... I really live the "ditch" quilting on JR's and what i think you call "pond" quilting... ie.. horizontal with rounded and dropped lines... it's the easiest way to "get it done"... Thanks for what your bringing to the quilting world... and Bless you.. may you keep your energy and enthusiasm forever... It's infectious!!!! B
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

        Comment


          #34
          Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

          Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          Quilting Queen, I will share my crown with you! Yes, do try one, they are so fun because you don't know how they will turn out, each one is different! And they go together very fast.

          Where do you live in Oregon? My sister lives in Portland, and I was just up there and am going back next weekend. They have a new home they built in Manzinita, we are going to work on getting some cushions made for a few window seats.
          My gosh did you go to Fabric Depot while you were there? It's a must. I lived in Clackamas (a suburb of Portland) for many many years. Moved here to Klamath Falls when we retired. Hoping to sell our house next year and move back up to the Willamette Valley somewhere. I have been buying jelly rolls here and there but have not really done anything with them I guess it is about time. Thanks for the inspiration.
          Florence

          Comment


            #35
            Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

            Originally posted by Quilting Queen View Post
            My gosh did you go to Fabric Depot while you were there? It's a must. I lived in Clackamas (a suburb of Portland) for many many years. Moved here to Klamath Falls when we retired. Hoping to sell our house next year and move back up to the Willamette Valley somewhere. I have been buying jelly rolls here and there but have not really done anything with them I guess it is about time. Thanks for the inspiration.
            We didn't make it to Fabric Depot because she lives on the West Slope (she told me Fabric Depot is on the east side of town) and we went to the Sisters Quilt Show then Manzinita for a day. That's why I'm going back! I would love to go to Fabric Depot! We shopped at the Mill End Store and I found some nice bargains there, sent home a 12 pound box of fabric from there and Sisters! Didn't want to pay Delta big money for an overweight bag! I took my little Janome out there and left it so we can sew some more when I go back Aug. 2-7.

            Comment


              #36
              Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

              i have done this one using scraps here is a pic

              Comment


                #37
                Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                sorry forgot picture!scrappy bricks.JPG

                Comment


                  #38
                  Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                  Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                  We didn't make it to Fabric Depot because she lives on the West Slope (she told me Fabric Depot is on the east side of town) and we went to the Sisters Quilt Show then Manzinita for a day. That's why I'm going back! I would love to go to Fabric Depot! We shopped at the Mill End Store and I found some nice bargains there, sent home a 12 pound box of fabric from there and Sisters! Didn't want to pay Delta big money for an overweight bag! I took my little Janome out there and left it so we can sew some more when I go back Aug. 2-7.
                  Well, let me know what you think of Fabric Depot after you go. I think you will like it.
                  Florence

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                    Jean, do you ever have any trouble with warm and natural batting for quilting after you wash them they bunch up even if you quilt 4 to 6 inches apart? A friend of mine is having that problem and that is all I use because I so for the hospitals and you have to use all cotton. Will my quilts look bad after the patients parents wash them? Help!!!! Let me know if you know anything about this please, it seems like you have used different battings. Dottie [email protected]

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                      The quilt that was made with the two rolls of 20 strips, did you just sew all the strips from the first roll, and then add all the strips from the second roll, or did you make sure that all the fabric from the first roll and the second ol were together - I have a flanne sampler which has two strips of ten fabrics in each roll. I purchased the second roll so I would have the 40 strips, so now I have two rolls of the same jelly roll sampler, but wasnt sure how to sew the strips together - thanks in advance

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                        Originally posted by lilmouse View Post
                        Jean, I haven't tried this yet but will.....if you add a 2 1/2 square at the end of each strip; sew the seams straight - not angled it gives the jelly roll a totally different look and adds a little to the dimensions...the one I saw had the squares all the same color...a tan I believe....I am waiting to try this one out...have the jelly roll and the fabric for the squares..no time...on my bucket list...have made several JR quilts and love making them....and everyone seems to like them.
                        I think this would make an interesting quilt.
                        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                          Beautiful quilts!
                          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                            Originally posted by Kelly Westfall-Hickson View Post
                            sorry forgot picture![ATTACH=CONFIG]25413[/ATTACH]
                            This is really pretty, and different. I see you named your file Scrappy Bricks. I really love the way the fabric is mixed. Did you do it as a jelly roll, or did you do one strip at a time?
                            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                              Queen Jean... I love your quilts. You are an amazing quilter.
                              Donna
                              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

                              "The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Re: 4 Styles of Jelly Roll Race quilts

                                I've never made a JR quilt but I am looking forward to trying one in the new year. Thanks for sharing.
                                Leslie :lol:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X