X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debbie MM
    replied
    Re: Before & After or Oh Yes I Did

Congrats on the new machine, the old machine probably needs a rest , you will discover how much more you can do with the new machine

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Have fun girlfriend.... i'm pretty sure your the kind of gal that's put EVERYONE in front of yourself, most of your life... It's YOUR TURN... you just enjoy....I'm ashamed to say how many machines i have, but use them all and because i can afford to do it now,,, I DO.... they are not "hig end" machines.. just "good sewing ones"....Enjoy!!!

Leave a comment:

• BellasQuilts
    replied

Good on you Marilyn. It is not a frivolity, you use it and you need it. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Actually have not had much time to play with it. Going to take it to Rhonda's with me this week. Hopefully can get SOMETHINGdone.
    Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    I was replacing a Pfaff Variamatic and had very few options, or feet. I had to buy everything piece meal....and all very pricey. My Singer isn't an expensive flashy machine but I'm sure having fun with it. But you are right....there's lots of things that came with it I'm sure I'll never use!

Have you slept much since you brought your new machine home?

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    I had actually been looking at getting the quantum Stylus. It has a lot of features that I wanted, but a lot of accessories that I didn't need. Low shank feet are pretty universal, and felt like I would be paying for feet I already had. I know you are going to have a ball with your new machine as well.
    I was replacing a Pfaff Variamatic and had very few options, or feet. I had to buy everything piece meal....and all very pricey. My Singer isn't an expensive flashy machine but I'm sure having fun with it. But you are right....there's lots of things that came with it I'm sure I'll never use!

Have you slept much since you brought your new machine home?

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I had actually been looking at getting the quantum Stylus. It has a lot of features that I wanted, but a lot of accessories that I didn't need. Low shank feet are pretty universal, and felt like I would be paying for feet I already had. I know you are going to have a ball with your new machine as well.
    Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
    Marilyn, I am SO happy for you! I know what a big deal it is to take the leap for yourself. I can totally relate! I got my new machine a month or so ago, and I'm getting through the learning curve. It's a Singer Quantum Stylist and I LOVE it. Not as pricey as many have, but all I need or will need for years to come. I can't wait to see what you do with this machine! I'm SO excited for you! Too too cool!

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

Marilyn, I am SO happy for you! I know what a big deal it is to take the leap for yourself. I can totally relate! I got my new machine a month or so ago, and I'm getting through the learning curve. It's a Singer Quantum Stylist and I LOVE it. Not as pricey as many have, but all I need or will need for years to come. I can't wait to see what you do with this machine! I'm SO excited for you! Too too cool!

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

It probably was the same machine. The thing that swayed me was the throat size more than anything, that and the weight difference. I already had the extra feet, so I didn't really need them. I tried a little FMQ with it last night and actually was doing much better with my new machine. Not gonna get to do anything with it til this evening, cuz will be at DD's the main part of the day watching the GK's. But I do my best work at night any way. lol. I know that you love your new machine, and the extension makes everything, even piecing so much easier. My sis, has Brother quilting/embroidery. She had me set my tension to around 5, on my old machine, and it worked much better. That seemed to help the tension issue. Have fun learning, I can't wait to get started making something on mine.
    Originally posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
    Congrats on the new machine! Enjoy getting to know it. You were probably looking at the Brother that I got. What swayed me to the Brother was that it came with the Walking Foot and other accessories.
    Now if I can just get my tension right for my FMQing I will be happy as a hog in mud!

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Congratulations! Have fun sewing new memories...I love my Singer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

P.S. and the reviews are excellent for this machine! Good for you!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMtnLady
    replied

Congrats on the new machine! Enjoy getting to know it. You were probably looking at the Brother that I got. What swayed me to the Brother was that it came with the Walking Foot and other accessories.
    Now if I can just get my tension right for my FMQing I will be happy as a hog in mud!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

First of all, I could feel your excitement! It made me so happy and smiling for you!!! You DO deserve it, it wasn't THAT much money and yes, you are making beautiful gifts for people! But one should NEVER get rid of their first machine! Good for a back up when you need it, or as a travel machine for class, to share with a child or grandchild, etc. and memories! Have sew much fun - and I know what you mean about not being able to sleep! It will be fun to get to know your new machine - I bet those quilts are just itching to get out of your mind! lol!

Leave a comment:

• Klasien
    replied

Good for you

Looks like a great machine to me, I hope you will make lots and lots of fun projects on your new toy!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Way to go! You surely have produced dozens of quilts with your old machine, and I know you have been considering this for months. Enjoy the new machine!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Marilyn! How happy my heart is that you did something good for YOU. I agree with our Karen; keep the old machine for back up. One never knows!
    Enjoy your playtime and see you later when you come up for air.

Blessings
    blondie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X