Before & After or Oh Yes I Did :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Before & After or Oh Yes I Did

Marilyn! Congratulations on your new machine...you certainly deserve it! I can see the throat is quite a big wider on the Singer...more room to FMQ! I love the extension table. I don't have one for my machine but I think they would make a difference in accuracy. Enjoy your new baby!!!!! Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you all. I have been playing with it a little just checking out some of the stitches. I am gonna have sew much fun with this. Gonna have to take something to help me sleep cuz I got quilts bouncing around in my head.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your new toy!!!

Pam in Vegas
        Pam in Vegas

Comment

Marilyn, Congrats on your new toy! I know you will put it to good use!
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Good for you, hope you enjoy your new machine.
            Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

This may be a silly question but does your old machine require oil? I'm assuming you cleaned it really well? Have fun with your new machine. I think you made a good choice considering the cost of a repair or tune-up. It's not really worth it considering you can get a decent sewing machine for a couple hundred bucks!
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Marilyn! How happy my heart is that you did something good for YOU. I agree with our Karen; keep the old machine for back up. One never knows!
                Enjoy your playtime and see you later when you come up for air.

Blessings
                blondie
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Way to go! You surely have produced dozens of quilts with your old machine, and I know you have been considering this for months. Enjoy the new machine!

Comment

Good for you

Looks like a great machine to me, I hope you will make lots and lots of fun projects on your new toy!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

First of all, I could feel your excitement! It made me so happy and smiling for you!!! You DO deserve it, it wasn't THAT much money and yes, you are making beautiful gifts for people! But one should NEVER get rid of their first machine! Good for a back up when you need it, or as a travel machine for class, to share with a child or grandchild, etc. and memories! Have sew much fun - and I know what you mean about not being able to sleep! It will be fun to get to know your new machine - I bet those quilts are just itching to get out of your mind! lol!

Comment

Congrats on the new machine! Enjoy getting to know it. You were probably looking at the Brother that I got. What swayed me to the Brother was that it came with the Walking Foot and other accessories.
                        Now if I can just get my tension right for my FMQing I will be happy as a hog in mud!
                        Donna
                        MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

P.S. and the reviews are excellent for this machine! Good for you!

Comment

Congratulations! Have fun sewing new memories...I love my Singer.
                            Cil
                            A quilt is a blanket of love
                            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

It probably was the same machine. The thing that swayed me was the throat size more than anything, that and the weight difference. I already had the extra feet, so I didn't really need them. I tried a little FMQ with it last night and actually was doing much better with my new machine. Not gonna get to do anything with it til this evening, cuz will be at DD's the main part of the day watching the GK's. But I do my best work at night any way. lol. I know that you love your new machine, and the extension makes everything, even piecing so much easier. My sis, has Brother quilting/embroidery. She had me set my tension to around 5, on my old machine, and it worked much better. That seemed to help the tension issue. Have fun learning, I can't wait to get started making something on mine.
                              Originally posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
                              Congrats on the new machine! Enjoy getting to know it. You were probably looking at the Brother that I got. What swayed me to the Brother was that it came with the Walking Foot and other accessories.
                              Now if I can just get my tension right for my FMQing I will be happy as a hog in mud!
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Marilyn, I am SO happy for you! I know what a big deal it is to take the leap for yourself. I can totally relate! I got my new machine a month or so ago, and I'm getting through the learning curve. It's a Singer Quantum Stylist and I LOVE it. Not as pricey as many have, but all I need or will need for years to come. I can't wait to see what you do with this machine! I'm SO excited for you! Too too cool!
                                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                                X