My 1st Scrappy Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st Scrappy Wheel

Can you tell that I am completely LOVIN this block?! This is my first Easy Carpenter's Star/Wheel made from scraps. I used my daughters jeans so this is special I'm making others and will try to find a way to put them together into one quilt but that's later, right now I'm lovin this block! Okay, so yah, I made a boo boo (pucker or 2 or 3 and one right in the CENTER! ) but I still love it!

Attached Files
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: My 1st Scrappy Wheel

That is beautiful! Is it a lap quilt? I couldn't tell what size it is but you did a great job! I've got puckers on my first one too. Lesson learned I always say.
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I love this quilt. It really is pretty. Is it a quilt or a block? Anyway you did good. Hugs, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

heres mine
        this pattern was so much easier than I ever thought it would be ------ love that!!!
        this is one of 10 lap size memory quilts made for a friend.

HUGS!
        Attached Files
        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
        hugs, Suzi
        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Nice job ladies!
          Shelia

Comment

Both are very pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by craftyladysam View Post
              That is beautiful! Is it a lap quilt? I couldn't tell what size it is but you did a great job! I've got puckers on my first one too. Lesson learned I always say.
              Thank you Sam! I dunno yet, but I think I'm going to try to put it together w/3 others and make a full/queen size quilt, not positive yet.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                I love this quilt. It really is pretty. Is it a quilt or a block? Anyway you did good. Hugs, Jan
                Thanks, Jan! It's a really BIG block!

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                  heres mine
                  this pattern was so much easier than I ever thought it would be ------ love that!!!
                  this is one of 10 lap size memory quilts made for a friend.

HUGS!
                  OOOH! OOOH! OOOHH!!!! SO PRETTY! Yah, I LOVE the simple that look like you took a lot of time! I've found that if I make one w/blocks already done it takes like 3 hours. If I have to cut all my blocks from scratch, it takes me 6 hours to do one block

Blog

Comment

It's beautiful. Where did you find or get the pattern?

Comment

What a lovely idea to use the jeans. The different coloured denims make it look 3D. Fantastic job!
                      Quilting through the dull times
                      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jmb View Post
                        It's beautiful. Where did you find or get the pattern?
                        Thank you, Jmb! I got the pattern from Quilter's Cache, it's called "Easy Carpenter's Star" and it IS easy!

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                          What a lovely idea to use the jeans. The different coloured denims make it look 3D. Fantastic job!
                          Thank you so much, Mrs. Chapman! I never noticed the 3D thing, WOW!

Blog

Comment

You both did a fantastic Job! Congratulations.
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                              You both did a fantastic Job! Congratulations.
                              Thank you so much, Jan! (see explanation for angry face in New Member section, thread for new member from Florida/Connecticut) ... Sheila

Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X