Another Top Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Top Finished

I LOOOVE this one! It's the Layer Cake pattern than Hillbilly shared w/us in the "look what I found" section. This is my favourite so far of all of the tops that I've made. I'm planning to make 4 more 2 more like this one and 2 in other layer cakes. I love the Bar Harbour line and this just made my day! I put it together in like 40 minutes and had to wait a week for the backing and white border to get here
    Attached Files
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: Another Top Finished

Wow those are great! I love that fabric line too. I have two charm packs of it, but haven't decided what to make yet.

Look at you all talented!
    Last edited by Texsam; August 7, 2010, 06:52 AM.
    Shelia

Comment

Nice Job, Gotta love those colors!

Comment

Originally posted by Texsam View Post
        Wow those are great! I love that fabric line too. I have two charm packs of it, but haven't decided what to make yet.

Look at you all talented!

Thanks, Sheila! Ooohhh, hurry up and make something I wanna SEE!

Uhhhhh, no, talented would have been ME being able to design that quilt as well as my stripes matching up when I sewed a block that had stripes in it together like the author's but, thank you for the compliment

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by KarenB View Post
          Nice Job, Gotta love those colors!
          Thanks, Karen!

Blog

Comment

Good job. Love that fabric!
            Have a blessed day in HIS name!
            PAULA

Comment

I love it!! I like the fabric choice as well. Can't wait to see the other ones!

Comment

Originally posted by middlesis1966 View Post
                Good job. Love that fabric!
                Thanks, Sis, it's the best one in the collection, yet!

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                  I love it!! I like the fabric choice as well. Can't wait to see the other ones!
                  Thank you Tonya! I can't wait to get them done

Blog

Comment

Yeah I finished a quilt top a couple of weeks ago that I used some small pieces with stripes and they didn't really match up. I like fabric with stripes but I tend to shy away unless I can use it without having to match it up.

BTW I didn't even look to see if they matched or not. It's a really cute quilt. Both of them.
                    Last edited by Texsam; August 7, 2010, 06:13 PM.
                    Shelia

Comment

Yeah I finished a quilt top a couple of weeks ago that I used some small pieces with stripes and they didn't really match up. I like fabric with stripes but I tend to shy away unless I can use it without having to match it up.

BTW I didn't even look to see if they matched or not. It's a really cute quilt. Both of them.
                      You know, that's how much of a "Newbie" I am! I didn't even THINK about the stripes and matching them up, was just heading for the "finish" line Afterwards I went, Oh well, live and learn and I plan on adding more squares to the next ones b/c the layer cake came w/40 I think and this pattern only calls for 30, including the border and I thought it was wasteful b/c I now have 10 squares sitting there, I really loathe waste of any kind

"Both of them"??? I only made one quilt but took two different pics of it, one on the king size bed and one on the sofa so you could see the colours more vividly.

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][
                        "Both of them"??? I only made one quilt but took two different pics of it, one on the king size bed and one on the sofa so you could see the colours more vividly.
                        Ah the old switch angles and/or positions of quilt top tactic to throw off the feeble minded who have been staring at their sewing machine needle too long!

Anywhoo it's still a great job!
                        Shelia

Comment

Ah the old switch angles and/or positions of quilt top tactic to throw off the feeble minded who have been staring at their sewing machine needle too long!

Anywhoo it's still a great job!

Girrrrrrl!!!

Blog

Comment

This is a really beautiful quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by NM Lady View Post
                              This is a really beautiful quilt!
                              Aw, thank you Lady! The credit goes to Tonya (Hillbilly) for the pattern she found on Moda's Bake Shop though

Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X