My First Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Quilts

I posted pictures of two of the quilts I've made. I will post the one I have made in my quilting class once it's complete it goes to be longarm quilted on Tuesday. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Re: My First Quilts

oops forgot to post them in here.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cindle View Post
      oops forgot to post them in here.
      they both look very nice

Comment

They are pretty. What are you making in your class?

Comment

Thank you both. I'm just learning so they aren't anything fancy. This is the quilt we made in class. Mine goes to get longarm quilted on tuesday then we learn how to do the binding. I will post a picture when it's finished.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have this book I made a wallhanging out of the hearts in black and red It turned out so pretty. I love Eleanor Burns. Watching her show about 15 years ago is what got me started getting excited quilting. I made my very first quilt watching that show that my daughter has to this day (though I did have to reback and have it requilted this year) It still makes me very happy to see it. Her instructions are so clear.

Your quiilts are beautiful!

Have fun sewing!

Comment

Thank you Karen. It's really nice to hear a story behind a quilt. Being new at quilting and taking this class using Eleanor Burns's book was a great experience. I must admit the first class I was a bit overwhelmed and asked myself omg what did I get myself into lol but I'm so happy that I stuck with it.

Comment

We are too! Your quilts are adorable I particularly like the blue and yellow fabrics you chose! Nice job!
                To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Thank you stitchy I"m so happy I found this site all of you are so nice and helpful thank you I don't think I can say that enough. I just brought my quilt in tonight to be long armed and am already dying to see it when it's done lol, then it will be back to class to learn how to do the binding.

Comment

Beautiful! I love the bleu/yellow combo!
                    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

wish there was a class where i am.. love the yellow and blue

Comment

Really pretty.

Comment

Working...
                        X