Cooking Blogs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Blogs...

I'm always looking for new recipes and cooking blogs. Here's a couple that are good.

http://www.janetishungry.blogspot.com/

http://www.healthyparentsandkids.blogspot.com

Which cooking blogs do YOU follow?

Re: Cooking Blogs...

I absolutely love http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/. I'm a bit of a geek and she makes the most amazing science and gaming cookies. I particularly like the containment suit gingerbread men and the space invader cookies.

It's not the healthiest blog but her recipies do make you drool because they look so yummy
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Does anyone have a good recipe for corn bread stuffing for Thanksgiving? I had one, used it once and it disappeared and it was sooo good! Can't find any others and I have been looking for years. I do a sausage stuffing usually but, the corn bread was so good, I'd love to try it again. Thanks in advance. Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I can tell you what's in it; however, we cook to taste just like Mom, but here you go:

Cooked cornbread crumbled (about 5 cups)
        2 or 3 pieces of dried out white bread crumbled
        about 1 1/2 cups celery
        about 1 cup onion
        saute celery and onion together in butter
        2 raw eggs slightly beaten
        sage to taste
        salt & pepper
        Mix together and add chicken or turkey broth until it is pretty moist (I like to see a little broth floating on top-very little)

We like to add cooked, deboned chicken, but that is a personal preference.

Cook until done at about 375 degrees

Sorry it isn't any more precise, but this is one that my sister and I learned to cook with my mother who didn't have a recipe either.

Comment

Thank you, my kind of cooking! It's usually the best. Thank you again.

Comment

How is this for quick and easy cooking on quilting days

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

A year of Crockpot cooking , although I think she is over a year now!
            I hadn't visited this blog in quite awhile, and have some catching up to do.
            But, was reminded of it when I put our supper for tonight in the crockpot!
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Thanks Lola

I like that blog. I'll have to dig out my crock pot. Now I'm hungry!
              Shelia

Comment

MMMMM... Me to. Thanks. Im so tired of the same thing year after year. Ive gottn to the point of omg if I make another pan of sausage gravy Im gonna scream, lol. Im so excited to try something different. YAH!!!
                Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                PAULA

Comment

this girl is on FIRE......Today Show, taped a segment with Paula Deen to air in the fall, soon to be on QVC, 2nd book coming soon. Her book hit national stands last October 5th...www.southernplate.com

Comment

Pioneer Woman!
                    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
                    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                    Pinterest

Comment

Thanks, Lola. I bookmarked this one! Let us know if you try any of the recipes and what you think. I don't have a crockpot here in London, so I'll wait to use this website when I'm home.
                      Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                      How is this for quick and easy cooking on quilting days

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

A year of Crockpot cooking , although I think she is over a year now!
                      I hadn't visited this blog in quite awhile, and have some catching up to do.
                      But, was reminded of it when I put our supper for tonight in the crockpot!
                      Lola
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine Vickery Ringo View Post
                        Thank you! I've bookmarked this website. I'm always looking for the ultimate moist and delicious pound cake recipe. Of course, there's the lemon one that includes a cake mix in the recipe but I'm looking for one made from scratch. i haven't found one yet that I really like. Her recipe looks very promising. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks again.
                        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 5, 2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Do any of you folks have a caramel cake recipe that you swear by? I had one at my mother-in-law's house down in Georgia a number of years ago. I wanted to eat the whole cake! It's the kind that's a moist yellow layer cake with the kind of caramel frosting that has to be cooked. I made several after having that cake in Georgia trying to duplicate it. I came pretty close. Got the frosting down but could really use a better and moister yellow cake recipe.

While I'm asking, how about a really good spice cake recipe? I tried coming up with one that resembles the spice cake boxed mix and got pretty close to that as well but I'm always looking for an improvement. I used a browned butter vanilla icing recipe to frost it. The frosting was delicious. Box cakes just don't have the same denseness and rich taste as a homemade cake.

Comment

On the spice cake, Just use any good recipe you like and add a touch of cloves and instead of water or milk use applesauce! It is so melt in your mouth good!! Hugs, Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine Vickery Ringo View Post
                              I love the Pioneer Woman. I went to her book signing in St Louis and she had her husband and boys there...such an adorable family!

Comment

Working...
                              X