8oz cheese cake recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8oz cheese cake recipe

Cheese cake isn't something I normally crave, but I have an 8oz block in the fridge. So off I searched to see if one was out there. Some recipes don't like being cut down. It's one of those science-y things I never discovered. lol

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Crust:
    1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs or ritz cracker crumbs
    1/2 stick of butter or margarine, melted

Combine crumbs and butter and press into a buttered 8 inch pie plate or a small spring form pan. If you use the spring form pan, line the bottom with parchment or wax paper first.
    You could also use a store bought graham cracker crust.

Cake:
    1 - 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese - room temp.
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/8 cup corn starch
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup half n half or milk
    2 eggs - room temp.
    dash of salt

In a medium or large bowl beat cream cheese till fluffy. Add lemon juice, vanilla and salt and mix till blended. Add corn starch, sugar and half n half and mix well. Add eggs one at a time until well blended. Pour into crust.

If you are using the spring form pan, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil and place into a baking dish, then add hot water to the baking pan till about half way up the side of the cake pan. If you are using a regular pie pan place a pan of water in the oven with your cake when you bake it and it will less likely crack when baking.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until golden on top. Your cake should not jiggle when done. Set cake on wire rack and allow to cool for one hour, then cover with foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but best over night.
    If you are using the spring form pan refrigerate the cake in the pan. Do not remove from the pan while the cake is still warm.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a baker in the hotel industry I always looked for shortcuts for the buffet. I made muffin cheese cakes with just a Nilla cookie on the bottom. We ordered the chocolate ones too. But guess what?

They came out with lemon! I just ordered some on Amazon. : )

The recipe above used an 8'' pan
    sigpic

Lorie

Re: 8oz cheese cake recipe

**drool Yeah, cheesecake is special.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

This sounds great. I have all the ingredients on hand too.
      Can you substitute another flavoring for the vanilla, or do you have to stick with the vanilla?
      Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by MAMSAN View Post
        This sounds great. I have all the ingredients on hand too.
        Can you substitute another flavoring for the vanilla, or do you have to stick with the vanilla?
        Kathy
        Of course you can, it's just a simple basic recipe. : ) You can take the lemon out too. I was just happy I found such a small recipe because I live by myself.

I did a bold thing at the hotel one time I took my huge regular recipe and replaced all the liquid (eggs, milk, sour cream) with egg nog for the Christmas buffet and crossed my fingers. When our chef moved to another job he called and asked for the recipe! Good thing he didn't know about my experiment at the time. lol
        sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Working...
        X