X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LauraP
    replied
    Re: What's doing for Easter dinner?

The Brats were extra tasty with spicy mustard. Had to watch how those fingers and toes went down so you didn't get choked

Leave a comment:

• ncgrammie
    replied

Trudy, I am sorry for your loss too. It is never a good time to lose anyone especially before a holiday. I lost my dad right before Christmas in 2000. It seems like a long time ago and then it seems like yesterday.

I am visiting Fiance and his son and will head home tomorrow. We went out for lunch after a great church service yesterday. Later for supper, Fiance grilled ribeyes and I roasted a medley of veggies. That's all. It was very simple and wonderful. Oh! A bottle of wine too! The free time gave me time to work on some frog-sewing I brought with me. It was a perfect holiday.

Leave a comment:

• MissMay in Jersey
    replied

Sounds like a good plan.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

Originally posted by MissMay in Jersey View Post
    That's OK, I was just trying to get invited to their lunch. LOL!
    Thanks Barb! Come on down to Kentucky May and we'll do lunch!

Leave a comment:

• birdscraps
    replied

Had some medical issues and surgery earlier this week so I decided to order dinner from Omaha Steaks instead of cooking. Everything arrived yesterday with all the instructions so should be easy peasy. Hubby is still on the East Coast so it will just be the kids and I for a quiet dinner. Enjoy the weekend all and hopefully there will be some stitching time for everyone!

Leave a comment:

• MissMay in Jersey
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    Sorry May, I just realized it's not your anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MYRNA ! [ATTACH=CONFIG]158684[/ATTACH]
    That's OK, I was just trying to get invited to their lunch. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied

Trudy A, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the family gathering at his home is a time where everyone can reminisce and share good memories.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Sorry May, I just realized it's not your anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MYRNA ! HA3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied

My DD and her BF are coming to dinner on Saturday. I'm going to try a Greek slow-roasted leg of lamb. I think we'll have mashed potatoes and peas and a salad with it. I've never made the recipe before but it sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
    It will be a quiet day with DH. Of course, I don't mind as it means some stitching time. Dinner will be chicken breasts over rice, mushrooms and onions. Top with provolone cheese and bake until melted. It is one of our favorites and I'll make extra for dinner another day.

happy Easter to All!
    This sound wonderful!!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I'm keeping it small and simple this year....Eggs Benedict with fresh asparagus, fruit salad and coconut cake for dessert.

Happy Anniversary, May! HA1.jpg
    Last edited by Bubby; April 19, 2019, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Trudy A
    replied

Hot beef for sandwiches is in the crock pot now. Since my F-I-L passed away on Tues. it will be a quiet day with family gathering at his home to clean it up for the sale he had pending.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Originally posted by Patty J View Post
    Suzzane, what about sidewalk chalk? Bubbles? One year the weather co operated and we flew kites. Was lots of fun and got us outside.
    I do have sidewalk chalk and bubbles, but we are currently being rained out and thunderstorms are forecast all day Satuday, which is when we everyone is here. I hope that the weather Gods are wrong. It is also too muddy to send the kids to the park.

I think I will make cupcakes and have them decorate them. I only need a short time activity, as they are squirmy when sitting too long. I thought of eggs, but I don't want the dyes to get on their Easter clothes. Maybe I can pull out the giant game boards.

Leave a comment:

• MissMay in Jersey
    replied

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
    I'm not planning to cook as I hope to be taken out for lunch to celebrate our 47th anniversary a day early.
    ANNIVERSARY.jpg Enjoy your special day.

Leave a comment:

• MissMay in Jersey
    replied

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
    LOL I read that as "Brats" (a.k.a. obnoxious children) and that explained why "no little kids in the family anymore".

Sorry for laughing !
    That made me laugh too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X