Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, What's cooking in your house for Christmas Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK, What's cooking in your house for Christmas Dinner?

CathyF Kringle is a Danish pastry with a fruit or nut filling. Traditionally it is a horseshoe shaped, but lately the ones at O & H Bakery are shaped like a circle. You can check out their website (they ship world wide) because I can't figure out picture posting or I'd send you a picture. Just know that it is delicious. The dough is made with yeast, but it doesn't raise much, rolled out very thin and in a 24x5 inch rectangle, a strip of thickened fruit down the center of the dough then fold in the edges over the middle pinch the edges shape into a horseshoe and bake-- Then frost with some icing. YUM
    Here is the website https://www.amazon.com/Danish-Kringl...h+bakery&psc=1
    Last edited by Patty J; December 16th, 2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

We are doing a low country boil. Cheesecake for dessert
      Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

dizzylee , I never heard of a low country boil, what is that?

Comment

Our neighbors sent us a beautiful ham from one of the well known meat companies. We will have ham, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, two salads (one green and one fruit), rolls and dessert. I think I will make another pumpkin pie and a cobbler. Keeping it simple this year.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thought we were going to have dinner at home just the two of us. Our son and daughter in law do a prime rib dinner every Christmas and have invited us. I don't like prime rib, but I love all the other goodies. I do usually eat at least a bite of the prime rib just to say I ate it. lol
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

We're having lasagna, a green salad, and DS is making homemade garlic rolls. DS got excited when I suggested lasagna. DH did too but now he's having second thoughts about not having a more "traditional" dinner. I'm going for something easy so I can have a relaxing day without spending so much time in the kitchen. It's just the three of us, and we did a big dinner at Thanksgiving. Plus, we all really like lasagna so it's win-win to me.

Comment

Crab legs, shrimp, corn on the cob, kelbasia, red potatoes, onion, and we also like baby carrots, and green beans in it. Seasoned with crab boil, Creole season. It's made in a big pot. When cooked, simply drain the liquid off and serve. Traditionally folks pour it out on a picnic table covered in butcher paper. LOL, we will use serving dishes
                Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

dizzy..That sounds delicious. Love seafood and crab is a favorite--Lobster is #1 favorite.
                  cokie--Easy does it for me too. Even with help a huge dinner is time consuming and stress filled

Comment

Going to try to make tiramisu for desert. Thankfully it's just family so if I mess up they won't be too upset.

Comment

I think that tiramisu can't be ruined, even by me. I'm sure it will be delicious.

Comment

Working...
                      X