Bread Pudding with lemon sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread Pudding with lemon sauce

What is your favorite recipe for bread pudding with lemon sauce?
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Re: Bread Pudding with lemon sauce

I don't really have a recipe, just throw it together in the amount I want. Big help, huh? Still, its one of my favorite things.

Comment

Shirley, I have a recipe, not written down but in my head, that my mom made. But was wondering if anyone has a recipe that stands out. Do you make the lemon sauce? Or a rum sauce? Do you put raisins, nuts, cranberries in it? This is one of my favorite comfort foods in the cold months. I could actually make a meal of bread pudding and not eat anything else. It's cold here tonight, windy and dark and my mind goes back to cold winter days in Buffalo.

Comment

That would be any recipe I don't have to make myself. I have never had any bread pudding with any kind of sauce that I don't like. It is all good.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
          Shirley, I have a recipe, not written down but in my head, that my mom made. But was wondering if anyone has a recipe that stands out. Do you make the lemon sauce? Or a rum sauce? Do you put raisins, nuts, cranberries in it? This is one of my favorite comfort foods in the cold months. I could actually make a meal of bread pudding and not eat anything else. It's cold here tonight, windy and dark and my mind goes back to cold winter days in Buffalo.
          What goes in varies with my mood. Last one got a couple big spoonfuls of strawberry jam swirled through before it went in the oven. As for sauce, I often don't bother. Depends on what I threw in it.

Comment

I used to make bread pudding with bourbon sauce at the hotel. It was a good seller.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

There was a lady out here that added grated cheddar cheese to her bread pudding. To me, that was weird. I had some great bread pudding out on the Isleta Pueblo, but sadly the restaurant closed.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sometines I make it plain and drizzle a little syrup over it. Maple, chocolate, caramel, or what have ya.

Comment

I don't do sauce on bread pudding either. I especially like chopping in apples and cinnamon and little or no sugar. So good!

Comment

wow i haven't had bread pudding in forever. since i can't cook right now i think i will con my hubby into making me some.
                    Have a blessed day
                    Pam[/I]
                    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sewluvit View Post
                      I don't do sauce on bread pudding either. I especially like chopping in apples and cinnamon and little or no sugar. So good!
                      Some raisins go well with the apple and cinnamon too.

Comment

No sauce on my bread pudding. Mine is so moist that I don't think it really needs it. I have had firmer bread pudding when out and the sauce was a nice addition for that type.

Now I'm hungry for bread pudding....
                        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                          I used to make bread pudding with bourbon sauce at the hotel. It was a good seller.
                          bourbon sauce sounds good! I'll check out a recipe....that's probably our next dessert that I make. I've kind of gone "off" of desserts, but think I need to go back to my roots! Once made, I made even add whipped cream.

Comment

I've never heard of it with a lemon sauce. On the Traeger webpage, there is a recipe for one using blueberries that is delicious! I make a vanilla sauce to pour over it.
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Oh for goodness sake! Now I have bread pudding on the brain, and since it's 9 degrees this morning it's a perfect day to add a yummy dessert to the ciabatta I had planned to bake. You all have made the weak-willed fall off the wagon with this thread.
                              Thanks, I think?

Comment

Working...
                              X