X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty J
    replied
    Re: Family Holiday favorites!

Have you thought of a nice big crockpot of soup? A little messier to eat, but if you make cream of wild rice and chicken soup it would be filling.

Leave a comment:

• asta
    replied

Thanks for the ideas, I am sure I will come up with something fun and delicious with your help.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I make a spinach dip with clams and put it in a hollowed out Hawaiian Bread. Spread the pieces from the hollow around for dipping. It's a recipe on the King's Hawaiian Bread wrapper but I think they've changed it and omitted the clams. No one knows the clams are in there, but I can tell when they are left out.

We make jalepenos in a variety of ways - mostly they are sliced or stuffed with cream cheese. A really nice thing is to wrap bacon slice and pop into the oven for a bit to cook.

I like making ham and cream cheese pinwheels with a real thin ham. It's easy and you can make them ahead of time.

I recently have been a big fan of salmon dips. I made a variety plate with a few dips cheeses and crackers. And an olive tapenade that I love to make.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

We use to make a cheese fondue for Christmas eve with a salad. Later I switched to Beer Bread. A round crusty bread, cut out the center and put a melted cheddar and beer combo in the center. We loved it. I've had it as a light dinner for friends occasionally too and they like it.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

I make BarBQ ham in the crockpot and everyone loves it. Slice a canned ham or boneless ham into sandwich sized thick slices put in pot and add a bottle of your favorite BarBQue sauce and simmer. My kids love it without a roll, but I like a roll with cheese. I have another something, but I have to get supper on the table. I'll be back.

Leave a comment:

• asta
    started a topic Family Holiday favorites!

Family Holiday favorites!

My In-laws have a family feast for Christmas Eve and it follows through to Christmas day. We all bring a "dish to pass" I am wondering what your family favorites are for the holidays. I am looking for something new to bring, we always have ham sands, meatballs, loads of cheeses & crackers, cookies, veggie trays, typical and getting boring. Since there is no sit-down meal and family just comes and goes when you can make it this needs to be something crock pot ready or room temp. to serve.
Working...
X