Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-a...ocialsharingfb Add carrots and peas and you are good to go. Work with leftover chicken from any source as well. Any flour tortillas work for this.

Re: Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

Sounds good!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

That makes for a pretty tasteless "dumpling". I'll stick with the real ones.

Comment

Shirley, I am with you. I make homemade noodles and when they have dried after cutting them up, I drop them into the boiling chicken and broth mixture. Then when they are almost done, I drop dumpling mixture on top, cover the pot, and let them cook for about 10 minutes until they are nice and light and fluffy. Yum!
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

The expert on "tasteless" notwithstanding - these sound good, thanks!

Comment

Thats TWO experts, actually........

Comment

This is a quick recipe I would try. My hubby loves chicken and dumplings. Thanks for posting.
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

While this sounds good it is not chicken and dumplings, give me good old fashioned dumplings.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

My ex MIL makes the best scratch dumplings ever. I'm sure yours are wonderful too. "That said," this "recipe" is great for college kids/young adults that aren't about to try making dumplings.

Comment

Looks like an interesting recipe. I have a different recipe, but it uses tortillas as well. I started using them when I learned how they make them at the rodeo here every year. I loved their chicken & dumpling and they said it was tortillas. I was very surprised, thinking they would be a big blob of a mess in a bowl. But I tried it and it's the best ever. Not tasteless at all!

Comment

I have also tried them. Don't care for them at all, and the home-made ones are easy to do.

Comment

I love chicken dumplings, but I make dumplings from Bisquick and drop them on top of the hot broth after the chicken is cooked. I know its not dumplings to many but this is what I grew up. I have tried those noodle style gummy gobs and hate them compared to may light and fluffy dumplings.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

My mom made Bisquick dumplings too. Naan bread might be more hardy than tortillas, but I love them. I just got a press to make my own.
                          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Made this for supper tonight. It was very tasty! DH loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by wlrquilts View Post
                              While this sounds good it is not chicken and dumplings, give me good old fashioned dumplings.
                              I am always open to new and better tasting recipes. What is your's for good old fashioned dumplings. Maybe I can get DH to eat chicken and dumplings more often (he doesn't like chicken, but does enjoy my chicken and dumplings). I would love to see a new recipe. Thanks.
                              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X