Need a good Fudge recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good Fudge recipe.

I usually bake up tons of cookies as little Christmas gifts but this year I'm tired. Thought I would make up a big batch of fudge instead, Have chocolate chips, condensed milk and some nuts too but no quick and tasty recipe. Anyone have a good one to share?

Re: Need a good Fudge recipe.

I will have to follow this thread, I usually make Grandma's fudge, believe me, there are no shortcuts for this one, takes a good amount of beating by hand to get a smooth creamy fudge.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Velvet Fudge

Melt together:
      8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped or use 1 cup milk chocolate chips
      12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 bag)
      1/2 stick butter

Fold in to the above:
      7 ounce jar marshmallow crème
      1 can Eaglebrand sweetened condensed milk
      1 tsp vanilla

Add Last:
      1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)

Pour into a 9x13 pan that has been lined with waxed paper or foil (etc) and buttered. Leave long enough overlap to lift the fudge out of the pan later. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting.

Store fudge in the refrigerator but it can also be frozen. I put waxed paper between the layers if I am stacking the cut pieces.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm not sure if you'd consider this one quick or easy but I think it goes together fast, makes 5 pounds and you can freeze it so you have some for Valentine's Day.

Triple Chocolate Fudge
        4 1/2 cups sugar
        1/2 cup butter
        1 (12 oz. can) evaporated milk
        4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
        3 (4 oz) packages of sweet baking chocolate, cut into pieces
        1 (12 oz) package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
        2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
        2 teaspoons vanilla
        1/4 teaspoon almond extract
        1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts or pecans)

I cut the chocolate into chunks and melt all chocolate in the microwave for quicker results.

Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with (greased) foil. In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil uncovered over medium heat without stirring for 5 minutes.
        Remove pan from heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate, stirring constantly until all chocolate melted and quickly is smooth. Stir in vanilla, almond extract and nuts. Quickly spread in pan and cool. Makes 60 squares.
        :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

May, I know you asked for fudge recipes, but what about Crock pot candy? There are several good recipes on the net. Some of them make 8 doz or more . The stirring the fudge recipe have kills my arm,so crock pot for me Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

there was a easy one last week on the chew by carla
            you could look up the receipe
            Gale

Comment

Mother has found her fudge pot fits under her Kitchenaid mixer, dad holds the pot while mother starts the mixer. They have always made fudge together. This is the only time dad is allowed to help in the kitchen!

Comment

I have always used the recipe that is on the marshmallow creme jar. It works great and is super easy! Try it with white chocolate chips....that is MM's favorite!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
                  May, I know you asked for fudge recipes, but what about Crock pot candy? There are several good recipes on the net. Some of them make 8 doz or more . The stirring the fudge recipe have kills my arm,so crock pot for me Kathy
                  I cheat and beat it with a portable electric mixer. Does a dandy job.

Comment

This is the simplest one I know. It is my DIL's favorite. I found it in the Baltimore Sun newspaper back in 1976. It was posted by the National Honor Society as their favorite for fund raising fudge.

1 lb. box of Domino 10X sugar
                    1/4 tsp. salt
                    1/2 cup of Hershey's cocoa
                    6 tbsp. margarine
                    4 tbsp. milk (NOT evaporated)
                    1 tbsp. vanilla

Put all ingredients in a double boiler. Stir constantly until completely smooth. Quickly pour into a 9-inch square buttered pan. Lightly mark with a knife where you are going to cut it. Wait until it is cool, then cut.
                    Last edited by K. McEuen; December 12, 2016, 12:55 PM. Reason: changing broiler to boiler. You don't want to broil fudge. ;)
                    Cindy

Comment

I use the same recipe as Pat. It has always worked the best for me.
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

How do you know I don't broil my fudge?

Thanks for catching that.
                        Cindy

Comment

We have made this for years without fail. Sometimes I divide the hot mixture and do 2 small pans, 1 choc and 1 with PB chips.

Fudge

2 (12 oz.) pkg. semi sweet chocolate pieces
                          1 ( 7 or 8 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
                          2 c. chopped walnuts (or pecans)
                          4 1/2 c. sugar
                          Pinch of salt
                          2 sticks butter
                          1 (12oz)can evaporated milk

Combine chocolate pieces, marshmallow creme, and nuts in large bowl. Combine sugar, salt, butter, and evaporated milk in large, heavy saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil 6 minutes. Pour over chocolate mixture immediately. Stir vigorously until chocolate is melted and mixture is creamy. (I use my stand mixer)Pour into buttered(or line with foil) 10x15 inch pan. Let stand several of hours and cut. Store tightly covered. Makes 5 pounds candy.
                          Last edited by bakermom; December 12, 2016, 04:54 PM. Reason: correct measurment-should not trust memory
                          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

The best fudge recipe I've found after several other tries is the Ghirardelli fudge recipe. It's also easy and foolproof. Here's a link:
                            https://www.ghirardelli.com/recipes/...XFFiM54qorp.97

Comment

Originally posted by Amarillo19 View Post
                              The best fudge recipe I've found after several other tries is the Ghirardelli fudge recipe. It's also easy and foolproof. Here's a link:
                              https://www.ghirardelli.com/recipes/...XFFiM54qorp.97
                              That looks like a great one! I'm not sure if I had marshmallows in fudge before. My grandmother used to make divinity. That's a blast from the past!
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X