Looking for a Once-a-Month Cooking Chili Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Once-a-Month Cooking Chili Recipe

Many years ago, I tried Once-a-Month cooking for two whole months. I couldn't face that big a kitchen session ever again. But I remember their slow-cooker chili recipe was the most delicious chili I've ever tasted.

I lent my Once-a-Month Cookbook to a friend and never got it back, so I bought a new copy. By then, only the new updated version was available, and it didn't have the delicious chili recipe in it, nor does that recipe appear on their web site.

I just found some notes from my foray into Once-a -Month cooking, and the recipe is called "Grandma's Chili." Do any of you have the original Once-a-Month Cooking book, circa 1993-95? If so, could you post the recipe?

Thank you!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: Looking for a Once-a-Month Cooking Chili Recipe

Don't know if this is the recipe you are looking for, but I found this, I think its a copy of the original book.
    You will have to scroll down a bit to see the chili recipe.
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=5VR...0chili&f=false

Judy

Comment

Oh my goodness, that's it! Thank you! That was brilliant to search via Amazon. I am so grateful.

I have snipped, printed and saved!

Comment

This is pretty much like my recipe except I always add one can Campbell's beef broth soup and one cup of black coffee. I think it balances out the acidity that sometimes comes with the tomatoes. And IMO it is more delicious made with beef stew meat instead of hamburger. I love a steaming bowl of chili!!

Comment

Beef stew meat, that sounds delicious! And I've never heard of coffee in chili, but I am super intrigued.

Comment

Working...
          X