Do you like Grilled Cheese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like Grilled Cheese?

I found these booklets who have been honored in a contest for Grilled Cheese. There are several years you can download.

http://www.grilledcheeseacademy.com/...2016recipebook

Nancy
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Re: Do you like Grilled Cheese?

Awesome! I have saved each book and can search through them at my leisure. Thanks....I'm getting hungry
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I like cheese toast better. Lay a slice of cheddar on a slice of bread and put it in the broiler or toaster oven til the cheese is bubbly.

Comment

Wow, they won some nice money for a cheese sandwich!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love old fashion grilled cheese; white bread,gummy cheese, pickle and potatoe chips on the side, and it has to be made on a well seasoned (not to say dirty ) grill. I do enjoy fancy ones too but often long for the truck stop version.
          "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
          Hillary Clinton

Comment

They just had a recipe in the newspaper about a toasted cheese sandwich with white cheddar cheese and sliced apple also a sliced red onion and a pinch of red pepper flakes. It sounded so good.

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
              I like cheese toast better. Lay a slice of cheddar on a slice of bread and put it in the broiler or toaster oven til the cheese is bubbly.
              Lol at this as Shirley' s version is what my four year old son loves and will eat no other version. My mother-in-law made this version for my husband when he was younger.also accompanied with hot chocolate to dip it in. Personally, it makes me shudder...lol

Comment

My grandma used to make me grilled cheddar cheese with just mustard. I still eat that once in awhile.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've had a few fancy grilled cheese sandwiches and they are good, but you can't beat a plain grilled cheese sandwich. I too love them with a pickle and potato chips, or with a nice bowl of tomato soup.

Just the other day I had a macaroni & cheese sandwich for the first time. I had to keep remembering not to compare it to the original sandwich because it will never be like that. It was a good sandwich though.

Comment

Love grilled cheese, white cheese, sliced tomatoes, and I'm with snippet, a nice bowl of tomato soup.

Comment

Originally posted by 309Bella View Post
                      Lol at this as Shirley' s version is what my four year old son loves and will eat no other version. My mother-in-law made this version for my husband when he was younger.also accompanied with hot chocolate to dip it in. Personally, it makes me shudder...lol
                      D you not eat pizza with bubbly cheese on top?

Comment

My mom used to make us grilled cheese on her cast iron skillet with onion in it. sharp cheddar, slice of onion, plenty of butter and brown it well.

When I was a teen baby sitting for a rather well off family the mom was going to make the toddler some grill cheese. I had never seen anyone do this. She put the bread in a toaster, then slapped a slice of american on it and melted it in the microwave. I stood there shocked, then asked her if she had ever been shown how to make a good grilled cheese sandwich. I promptly showed her, omitting onions for the baby. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                          Shirley, this is what my husband does often. It's quick and it's tasty.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

My mom made the broiler method of grilled cheese only she used to put a layer of pork and beans then top with cheese. I never ate the beans so she just made mine plain old cheese. YUM

Comment

I love grilled cheese, just bread, butter & cheddar. These sandwiches are way too fancy for me but it was interesting seeing the recipes.I am from Wisconsin where we also call ourselves "cheeseheads" and wear funny rubber hats shaped like a giant wedge of cheese, seen mostly worn at sporting events and State Fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X