Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread

So, not a recipe but a pass along.
    I happened to pick up a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread for just me to try when I got a loaf of white bread for DH. There were several kinds of the Dave's and I chose the Good Seed because it had more Omega 3s. This is absolutely the best bread I have ever eaten! It has the softness factor of white bread and none of the bitterness of whole wheat. I asked DH to "just try it" and after he'd eaten the sandwich he told me it was excellent. I have spent 30 years trying to find a healthier bread my DH will eat. He was raised on Merrita White Bread and eats way to much of the stuff. Two months later he hasn't smuggled in a loaf of white bread and when I asked for a loaf of bread yesterday he came in with the Good Seed bread.
    (I did try a couple other loaves of the brand but didn't like them as much. )
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Re: Bread

I found Dave's Killer Bread just before I gave up gluten. I still remember how good it was. When I walk by it at the grocery store, I still miss it.

Have you ever watched the YouTube video about the company? Is quite a story of redemption and recovery.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I love Dave's Killer Bread, especially the Seedy!

Jeannette

Comment

This is a touchdown for sure

Comment

Never heard of it. But I make my own bread.

Comment

I never heard of it either. I used to make bread, but I cleaned out the fridge and my flours were four years old. I'm more of a tortilla person these days.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I LOVE Dave's Killer Bread!
              Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

I've only had samples of it. They sell it at Costco here!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I had not heard of it before Monday when visiting DD. She was buying it and I questioned the $4.50 price. She said it was totally worth it and her DH takes his lunch each day and the cost is nothing compared to him getting fast food.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

I eat Dave's bread every morning. I use the grain bread. They sell it here at Sam's. I LOVE IT. Good for digestion and tastes wonderful,especially toasted.

Comment

Where can I buy it? I have never seen it or heard of it here in Alabama.

Comment

I just recently bought it at Kroger's.
                        Excellent bread and even better toasted!
                        Happy Quilting!

Comment

I also love some toast for breakfast but I need to avoid products made with white flour so that kind of limits my choices. I'm interested in a tasty good for you breads so the seeded and grain breads might be just what I've been looking for. Don't belong to Costco any longer but will ask a friend who does to pick me up a loaf of the Grain bread and one of the Good seed.

Comment

If you go to www.daveskillerbread.com you can do a search for stores in you area. Our Walmart has the bread.
                            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Been looking for alternative to 'white bread' and just checked site you reference and find that my local 'Walmart' carries Dave's Killer Bread - I'm usually in my store every week or so . . . gonna try it! Glad I saw this post!
                              Originally posted by Carolnnc View Post
                              If you go to www.daveskillerbread.com you can do a search for stores in you area. Our Walmart has the bread.
                              NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
                              ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
                              ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
                              ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
                              ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                              "B"

Comment

Working...
                              X