• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snippet
    replied
    Re: chicken w/mushroom gravy......

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    I am!! Are you?

We ate dinner...MM had seconds, which is a good thing! When I make it again, I am not serving it with rice, but will toss in those little round onions, some celery and chopper potatoes and serve it like a stew. Probably add some more mushrooms too!
    Wow, he's eating well! I am so glad to hear MM is eating.

Those little pearl onions and celery will take this recipe up a notch. It sounds delicious, but boy oh boy it'll be even better!

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

Thanks for the "after" report. I would like to make this, and I like the idea of adding even more mushrooms! I'll make it with egg noodles, though.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I am!! Are you?

We ate dinner...MM had seconds, which is a good thing! When I make it again, I am not serving it with rice, but will toss in those little round onions, some celery and chopper potatoes and serve it like a stew. Probably add some more mushrooms too!
    If you want to make it more like a stew, maybe cut the chicken into cubes instead if slices.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I am!! Are you?

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

That looks deelish! Perfect for this stormy day. (Are YOU ready?)

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

The chicken is not fully cooked when you put it in the crockpot. I did wonder the same thing. She does say you can just leave it on the stove, but I'm letting it simmer in the crockpot a couple hours so the chicken is nice and tender.
    I'll check it out better!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    It looks yummy, but I don't understand the use of the crockpot for all those hours when it's cooked already.
    The chicken is not fully cooked when you put it in the crockpot. I did wonder the same thing. She does say you can just leave it on the stove, but I'm letting it simmer in the crockpot a couple hours so the chicken is nice and tender.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

BTW.....this is a great site with wonderful recipes. Just take a look at the recipe index.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

It looks yummy, but I don't understand the use of the crockpot for all those hours when it's cooked already.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    started a topic chicken w/mushroom gravy......

chicken w/mushroom gravy......

This is what's cooking in my crockpot. Rice is already cooked!

Hoping it's good.....

http://www.southyourmouth.com/2014/1..._a5y_p=2683127
Working...
X