Need new baking ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new baking ideas.

I help my daughter with school,and lodge functions by doing her baking for her. She buys the ingredients and I do the baking. But I'm in need of fresh ideas Every body does brownies and 7 layer bars. I did do the Sour cream apple cake, sent it off cut in squares. It was a big hit. Have been to Pinterest ,nothing strikes my fancy. What do you take,that is easy, makes a bunch, and people like? Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: Need new baking ideas.

Here is two of our favorite cookie recipes.

Peanut Butter Puffs

2 egg whites
    1/4 tsp of salt
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup peanut butter

Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
    Adding sugar very gradually.......beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
    In separate bowl......beat peanut butter to soften.
    Fold peanut butter thoroughly into meringue.
    Drop by teaspoon 1 inch apart on greased or nonstick cookie sheet.

Bake at 325 for 20 minutes of until lightly brown. Cool & remove from pan.
    Or eat them straight off the cookie sheet as fast as you pull them out of the oven!

Note:This recipe is a small batch of cookies.
    We love this recipe but I always triple or quadruple the recipe so we will have enough! If for some reason the cookies do not puff up........it's okay......they still taste good.

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

1 cup stick butter
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
    3/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    12 oz bag of peanut butter chips

Oven @ 350.
    Cream butter & sugar, eggs & vanilla until light & fluffy.
    Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt.......then add to creamed mixture.
    Stir in chips.......recipe says to chill dough but I never do.
    Spoon onto ungreased or nonstick cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm not a big dessert eater, so I like less sweet things like spice cake with streusel topping. Or lemon cake, love that and no one seems to make it anymore.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

For fall, I would say banana or pumpkin bread. It is easy to store and wrap and no messy frosting. I like to make a crunchy topping with that raw sugar that has the great big crystals.

Comment

Somewhere in this section is a recipe for Grandmother Eleanor's Gingersnaps. I was just thinking about making some this week.
          Then there is the rice crispy treats. Hubby loves them made with the fruity pebbles, or more correctly the Malt-O-Meal version which I mix the regular crispies in.
          Caramel Coated Popcorn is yummy too.
          We make banana bread and add either blueberries or chocolate chips, then portion them into muffins for a portable breakfast.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Pumpkin bars, rhubarb cake, coffee cake, sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, banana, apple or pumpkin breads.

Comment

If you look on the back of the box for cake mix lots of times you'll find cookie recipes.My kids started baking this way.If you don't find them on the box google cake mix recipes.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Here is a fast, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe.

http://bakerbettie.com/easy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Comment

My husband got this recipe from the internet. He loves to make these and they are melt in your mouth delicious!!!
                  Butter Pecan Shortbread cookies
                  1 cup unsalted butter
                  1/2 cup light brown sugar
                  2 cups of flour
                  1 cup of ground pecans
                  2 teaspoons vanilla
                  Pinch of salt
                  Line cookie sheets with Parchment paper
                  In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy

Add flour, ground pecans, vanilla and salt and beat until it forms a smooth dough
                  Wrap the dough in plastic wrap (he rolls the dough into a tube shape then wraps it up in plastic wrap) to chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator
                  Preheat oven to 325 degrees
                  By hand roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets and flatten to about 1/2inch thick cookie with a glass bottom that has been dipped in flour so it doesn't stick on the cookie.
                  Bake for 12 minutes or until set and very lightly browned on the bottom of the cookie
                  Cool on a cooling rack.

Comment

This time of year pumpkin cookies are popular. I use the recipe on Libby's pumpkin, then frost with cream cheese or browned butter icing.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by Patty J View Post
                      My husband got this recipe from the internet. He loves to make these and they are melt in your mouth delicious!!!
                      Butter Pecan Shortbread cookies
                      1 cup unsalted butter
                      1/2 cup light brown sugar
                      2 cups of flour
                      1 cup of ground pecans
                      2 teaspoons vanilla
                      Pinch of salt
                      Line cookie sheets with Parchment paper
                      In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy

Add flour, ground pecans, vanilla and salt and beat until it forms a smooth dough
                      Wrap the dough in plastic wrap (he rolls the dough into a tube shape then wraps it up in plastic wrap) to chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator
                      Preheat oven to 325 degrees
                      By hand roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets and flatten to about 1/2inch thick cookie with a glass bottom that has been dipped in flour so it doesn't stick on the cookie.
                      Bake for 12 minutes or until set and very lightly browned on the bottom of the cookie
                      Cool on a cooling rack.
                      Now this I want to try.

Comment

That brings back memories. I'm a crummy, crummy baker. Always have been. My cookies rise and my cakes don't and that's the good ones. The inside may, or may not, actually be cooked. Years ago school was always hitting on you to bring a baked good. I kept saying I will do anything, cook dinners, sew etc but I can't bake....you wouldn't want to eat it no less try to sell it. They still kept asking and would often get snotty. So finally I DID. They never asked me to bake again :-)
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

When I need an easy, quick cookie I make Chocolate Chip Bar cookies. I think the instructions are on the Nestles chip bag. Joy of Cooking's " Buttersctoch Blondies" are another quick bake. My daughter adds a shot of whiskey to hers. They come out yummy.
                          "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                          Hillary Clinton

Comment

I just ran across these. How fun to make and eat!

rice.jpg

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/07..._a5y_p=5720658
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to go to try a couple recipes that have been posted . Let you know how they turn out. Thanks again. Kathy
                              All quilts cat tested and approved.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X