Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing my Recipe for busy quilting days! Cajun Dish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my Recipe for busy quilting days! Cajun Dish!

Hi everyone.. this is my first time posting and thought it would be good to start with food, since we have to feed our husband, kids, family.. heck, even yourself.. When I know I'm going to have fun doing quilting. I plan this dish, and never fail me.. It called Cajun Spicey Chicken or Cajun Spicey Pork. . I take aprox 2 med or 1 large russet/ Idaho potatoes (peeled and cubed) per person, two long carrots per person, (peeled and sliced into 1/2 in.) * unless prefer more or less potatoes, carrot.. it what ever you want.. then I take either pork chops, pork steak or boneless/skinless chicken breast (I butterfly it if it thick).. and then a stick or oleo (I use parkay). put your potatoes and carrots in baking dish pan , sprinkle Tony Chachere's over carrots and potatoes.. Then put your meat on top of veggies,, with also adding more Tony Chachere's .. sliced oleo and place it all over on top of the meat.. (pork or chicken). cover with foil for half way cooking then finish cooking it uncover... bake at 350* for one hours... depending on amount,, it may take longer... PS this dish can be made ahead of time.keep refridgerate til ready . and bake when ready.. DELISH.. and easy. quick. simple..

Re: Sharing my Recipe for busy quilting days! Cajun Dish!

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Your recipe sounds easy and delicious....thanks for sharing.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Welcome from Canada and thank you for the recipe.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe! Looks like a winner to me! Will try it this week!!
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Good morning Kiki.. Welcome from Arizona. Your recipe sounds wonderful....what is Tony Chachere? It must be a spice mixture but I have never heard of it. Thanks.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Tony Chachere's is a spice mixture that is super popular here in the South.
                I put it on meats & vegetables, and just about everything.
                image.jpg
                Happy Quilting!

Comment

I've seen that spice mixture but never tried it. Gonna have to check it out. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X