Yummy Bread and Butter Pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yummy Bread and Butter Pickles

It's that time of year, and although I would rather be quilting, I do enjoy my homemade treats during the year. So I waited a day as the heat and humidity of yesterday would not have allowed for open windows to air the vinegar smell

Done and ready to share some with family. I used a half bushel of locally grown cucumbers and got 19 - 500ml jars plus a small one.
    Attached Files

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: Yummy Bread and Butter Pickles

I love bread and butter pickles but no one else in my family likes them. Isn't it nice to see home canned products all lined up?

Comment

What a beautiful sight! I miss canning and preserving but with just the two of us and no family around here it just doesn't warrant the work. I do make applesauce and put up sweet corn, but that's about it anymore.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love bread and butter pickles but have never made my own.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

They look pretty! My granny used to put up everything from her garden. The only thing I put up is Apple Butter. This year two of my Apple trees has good fruit on them. My Pear tree has a few too. I wish my Cherry Tree had survived the drought a few years ago... I wanted them for pies.

Comment

Love bread and butter pickles!
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Wow, looks good. We love bread and butter pickles. I haven't made them in ages. Nothing compares to homemade, the ingredient is love. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
              X