Low carb recipes for Mayinjerset

Faux Potatoes
    2 10 oz pkgs. frozen cauliflower or 3/4 head of fresh
    1 tsp. chicken boullion granules or 1 cube
    1/4 tsp pepper
    4 oz. cream cheese
    2 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350%

cook cauliflower and drain well. In food processor mix cauliflower, boullion, , cream cheese and butter. Spray baking dish, pour in mixture and bake at 350 for 20 min. You can add bacon and onions to this as well.

Low Carb. Cheesecake.

Okay, lets be honest here, this is not as good as real cheesecake but for a sub it's pretty darn good and easy to have in the fridge for a snack or dessert anytime. I really love these. The recipe makes LOTS so I usually cut it in half because it was just me eating them and they would go moldy before I could get through them all. This is the full recipe.

1 pkg unflavored gelatin
    1 C boiling water
    2- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 c Splenda
    1/4 c cottage cheese
    1/4 c sour cream

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, then with mixer or in blender mix in other ingredients until smooth. Line muffin tins with paper liners and fill with mixture. Put in fridge till firm. Then I would transfer them to an air tight container, and store in the fridge. Serve with a little "No sugar added" jam on top.

If you are interested in more PM me your email address and I can send you lots more.

Hummmm, think I'll go make some cheesecake!

Re: Low carb recipes for Mayinjerset

Thanks Kat, DH has been missing his mashed potatoes. He bought some pre-made but they have too much salt for me. Going to sub Mrs. Dash for the chicken cube, should be interesting. I'll pick up some cauliflower when shopping later this afternoon and give your 'faux' recipe a try.

Cheesecake is similar to one I used to make using evaporated milk and lemon jello. It was a family favorite but as the family grew smaller it was too large a dessert for DH and I.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; July 7, 2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I don't have an exact recipe, but instead of potato or macaroni salad, I make cauliflower salad. I just substitute cooked, cut up cauliflower for the potatoes or macaroni and it is delicious!! My whole family now prefers it over the other salads. You can use frozen or fresh cauliflower. The frozen tends to be a little soggy so be prepared to drain it well, wrap in paper towels to get out the excess water. A salad spinner works well if you have one.
      Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
      "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I've been a member of a low carb group for years now, and another member there has a website full of recipes that include nutrition info. Hopefully, you'll find some good stuff there.

Linda Sue's Low Carb Recipes

Comment

I'll add something to the file. I plan on making this over the weekend. There is no flour in it. I might add some maple syrup to do a test. Apples and bananas are sweet, but I don't want to make a whole batch with no flavor.

http://yummiestfood.com/apple-cinnam...l/#comment-525
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            I'll add something to the file. I plan on making this over the weekend. There is no flour in it. I might add some maple syrup to do a test. Apples and bananas are sweet, but I don't want to make a whole batch with no flavor.

http://yummiestfood.com/apple-cinnam...l/#comment-525
            This looks really good. I have been wanting to make a healthier oatmeal bar but these muffins sound really good.

Baking tip for low fat or fat free muffins/cupcakes. I use parchment paper baking cups. The muffins don't stick. I find them at the health food store. Have also seen them at HyVee. Here's a link to them at Walmart but I have never seen them at Walmart so they are probably only available on line. https://www.walmart.com/ip/46827543?...&wl13=&veh=sem
            Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
              This looks really good. I have been wanting to make a healthier oatmeal bar but these muffins sound really good.

Baking tip for low fat or fat free muffins/cupcakes. I use parchment paper baking cups. The muffins don't stick. I find them at the health food store. Have also seen them at HyVee. Here's a link to them at Walmart but I have never seen them at Walmart so they are probably only available on line. https://www.walmart.com/ip/46827543?...&wl13=&veh=sem
              I finally made these yesterday. I ate one out of the oven and it was really oatmealy, like in texture. This morning it's very moist, because of the apples. It tastes great, it's just the texture you need to see if you like it. I did add a tbs of brown sugar.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Good recipe Lorie, good for breakfast and also a snack.
                Sister Dee, Great website, plenty of recipes to choose from.
                Vonnie, Will look for the parchment cups.
                Last edited by MayinJerset; September 1, 2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X