Wrapped Breakfast Quesadillas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapped Breakfast Quesadillas

Just made this today for breakfast. Great idea to make a bunch and freeze them for later meals. I didn't measure scrambled eggs or the cheese. I used about 2 eggs for each tortilla, and just guessed at the cheese. One thing wrong with the recipe was saying to brown them for 4 - 5 minutes on each side. I tried that on medium, and they burned. Next time, I'll put them on low and check after just a few minutes.

I like the way they are wrapped, and there is a lot that you can do to put variety into the recipe.

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-the-...sadilla-227334
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Wrapped Breakfast Quesadillas

These are great to freeze. I do this to take camping, wrap in foil and freeze, place in a ziplock bag and they are easy to reheat over the campfire. Oh, they also help to keep the cooler cool if they are frozen.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by asta View Post
      These are great to freeze. I do this to take camping, wrap in foil and freeze, place in a ziplock bag and they are easy to reheat over the campfire. Oh, they also help to keep the cooler cool if they are frozen.
      What a great idea to use them to keep the cooler cool! I will be sure to tell my camping friends about that tip.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thanks for this tip! I make quesadillas for breakfast a lot because living alone bread doesn't keep well but tortillas do, and are lower calories. But I don't go to Taco Bell so I didn't know this clever folding technique. I'm definitely trying this tomorrow morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
          Thanks for this tip! I make quesadillas for breakfast a lot because living alone bread doesn't keep well but tortillas do, and are lower calories. But I don't go to Taco Bell so I didn't know this clever folding technique. I'm definitely trying this tomorrow morning!
          I didn't know about the folding technique, either. It works very well. I made 4 of these quesadillas. I'll have another one for breakfast tomorrow. I am freezing the other two. I will have to send you the recipe for vegetarian burritos. They can also be frozen and reheated as needed. They are a family favorite.

Comment

Perfect timing! I'm responsible for breakfast at an upcoming girls' (OK, "mature" ladies) trip and was planning breakfast tacos - but this will be something a little different. Thanks!

Comment

I never had one of these, but I would be afraid that the crunchy part would get soggy if it wasn't eaten right away. That's if your looking at the Taco Bell version.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                I never had one of these, but I would be afraid that the crunchy part would get soggy if it wasn't eaten right away. That's if your looking at the Taco Bell version.
                I'll let you know if that happens. I am reheating another one tomorrow for breakfast. When I scrambled the eggs, I didn't add any milk/cream, in order to keep any liquid to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  Yes, they did get a bit soggy. I reheated in the microwave, as I don't have a toaster oven and I didn't want to use the regular oven. I think in an oven they would crisp again.

For my next batch, I'll make them, but not toast them in the frying pan. I'll just wrap and freeze like I do my burritos. That should take care of the sogginess problem. Also, since these are so easy to make, I really don't need to make them in batches at all. So that is another option.

Comment

I made these for brunch yesterday and they were a hit. I first sautéed chopped onion, red bell pepper and some mild green chiles, then added the eggs and scrambled everything together. I used the shredded cheese to hold the folds together and it worked really well. There was salsa on the side for dipping and everyone thought it was great and that I was a brilliant cook. Thanks, Sylvia for making me look good!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks, Sylvia. I have had Taco Bells crunch wrap and loved it! The breakfast version you give us here sounds delicious!!!
                      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                      X