Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Potatoes Smothie

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sweet Potatoes Smothie

    Hi

    I tried to make Sweet potatoes mash last night and it turned out delicious!!

    I had some left over and I did a you tube search and found a recipe on Sw.pot smoothie?!

    I decided to be courageous and try it.

    It was dangerously good!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8wD4jfUNY

    I used this as a refrains but I used banana, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon and some yoghurt.

    Yummy!
    sigpic

    God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

    #2
    Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

    Love me some sweet 'taters - not sure about a smoothie though. I have had pumpkin ice cream though . . . I'll have to think on this one.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

    "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

      Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
      Love me some sweet 'taters - not sure about a smoothie though. I have had pumpkin ice cream though . . . I'll have to think on this one.
      You need to get one of these. I have the old one.

      Banana Ice Cream Maker & Recipes | Yonanas
      🌺 Lorie

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

        I watched a few of those and the little girl is precious. Never had granddaughters and I see how much fun this cutie could be. Oh well, such is life. HA

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

          Does it work as well as the video makes it look? Looks easy and delicious!

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

            Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            You need to get one of these. I have the old one.

            Banana Ice Cream Maker & Recipes | Yonanas
            The only food to which I am severely allergic = B A N A N A S . . .
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

            "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

              Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
              The only food to which I am severely allergic = B A N A N A S . . .
              You need to watch the video. It's for all frozen fruit or potatoes, lol. Iv'e never heard of a banana allergy.
              🌺 Lorie

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                The only food to which I am severely allergic = B A N A N A S . . .
                I'm not allergic, but I can't abide bananas!
                Courtesy is not optional.

                http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                  Ya think adding 'bacon' would defeat the 'healthiness' of the smoothie?????? I'd sure like bacon with my sweet tater!
                  NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

                  ~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
                  ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
                  ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
                  ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
                  ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                  "B"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                    Ok I love sweet potatoes with butter and salt. I love bananas. Yogurt is alright. But putting them altogether in one drink, are you kidding??! If you didn't reference You Tube I would think you are just making this whole thing up ro see if anybody is crazy enough to do it. So, I want to know, did anybody try it? Were you able to drink it without spitting it out? I am not a very adventurous eater and just cant imagine drinking this--and liking it!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                      Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      You need to watch the video. It's for all frozen fruit or potatoes, lol. Iv'e never heard of a banana allergy.
                      My youngest daughter Josefine is sensitive to bananas, She gets itching throat.
                      sigpic

                      God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                        Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        Ok I love sweet potatoes with butter and salt. I love bananas. Yogurt is alright. But putting them altogether in one drink, are you kidding??! If you didn't reference You Tube I would think you are just making this whole thing up ro see if anybody is crazy enough to do it. So, I want to know, did anybody try it? Were you able to drink it without spitting it out? I am not a very adventurous eater and just cant imagine drinking this--and liking it!

                        I am not kidding, It is serious very tasty.

                        I thought it sounded strange so I had to try it and I will definitely make it again.
                        sigpic

                        God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                        The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                        A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                        And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                          Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
                          My youngest daughter Josefine is sensitive to bananas, She gets itching throat.
                          I get that with Honeydew. My throat swells up.
                          🌺 Lorie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                            I'm allergic to bananas, too. For me, it manifests with severe digestive issues (probably not a true allergy, but not fun, either). I bought a product similar to Yonanas called the Magic Bullet. It, too, calls for bananas, but I use frozen mangos. Incredibly delicious. Now I'm going to try sweet potatoes!
                            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Sweet Potatoes Smothie

                              Hi Guitar Gramma I love yams- they wholesome, fast (in the micro) & fill me. I also like lots of diff smoothies in the summer.... I might try it....not sure about this one!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X