Peach Cobbler Muffins

3 c. all-purpose flour
    1 c. sugar
    1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. butter, diced
    1-3/4 c. milk
    16-oz. can peaches, drained and chopped or 3 fresh peaches, chopped

Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry knife or a fork. Add milk and peaches; stir until just moistened. Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Spoon topping onto muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Turn out and cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm or cold. Makes 1-1/2 dozen.

Topping:
    2 tbsp. butter, diced
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together in a small bowl until crumbly

Re: Peach Cobbler Muffins

A new muffin recipe! Yeah! I love muffins for breakfast. Will give this one a try for sure. Thanks Diane.

Comment

I have used this recipe before-- except I used canned pears with a little cinnamon. Another good one would be with apples...I betcha....Thanks.
      GlendaSue
      I hope to outlive my stash.

Comment

Just got back from the peach farm in Mc Bee Sc. Can't wait to try these. They sound yummy
        :icon_wave: Those who sleep under a quilt are wrapped in love

Comment

Yummy, I'm going to mix some up for breakfast in the morning, Our son is coming in for the day and he will enjoy the treat too. Thanks for sharing Diane.
          Mary
          A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

I made these today and they are awesome. Used spenda because my husband is diabetic. AND I would not use the paper liners again for theses. Bottoms got stuck to it. But this recipe is a keeper, thanks.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Mmmm muffins! That sounds yum! *note to self:- must buy peaches!
              Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Working...
              X