X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K. McEuen
    replied
    Re: Ever- ready Pancakes

The Fleishmann's yeast that I use comes in a strip of 3 packages with each package holding 1/4 an ounce.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Thank you Sandy that helps and I have some in that size, interestingly that is quite a lot of yeast, hmm. I also wondered about keeping a mixture that contained egg but it is refrigerated and like I said I doubt it would last long, if it's in the fridge someone will think it needs cooking.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Lynn, our US packages of yeast contain about 1 tablespoon yeast.

I love this idea, but I find that mixing pancakes and/or waffles is one of the easiest things to do. I'd question having eggs in a container, mixed up like this, for that long . . . I'm so careful with eggs.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

This is funny, who on earth could have pancake mix in their fridge for that long, it wouldn't last one day here, lol, if I say pancakes or scones even very quietly half the neighbourhood is at the door.

Thanks Diane I sure will give this one a whirl. Hmm could you please clarify exactly how much yeast that is, our packets come in different sizes.

Leave a comment:

• mlt150
    started a topic Ever- ready Pancakes

Ever- ready Pancakes

Ever- ready Pancakes

4 cups flour
    1 tsp salt
    2 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp baking powder
    2 tbsp baking soda
    1 quart buttermilk
    1 cup evaporated milk
    6 eggs
    ΒΌ cup oil
    1 pkg yeast

Mix all ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for one hour. Store in large container and refrigerate. Stir daily and before using. Keeps 3 to 4 weeks.
Working...
X