2 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp baking powder
    2 tbsp baking soda
    1 quart buttermilk
    1 cup evaporated milk
    6 eggs
    ΒΌ cup oil
    1 pkg yeast

Mix all ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for one hour. Store in large container and refrigerate. Stir daily and before using. Keeps 3 to 4 weeks.

Re: Ever- ready Pancakes

This is funny, who on earth could have pancake mix in their fridge for that long, it wouldn't last one day here, lol, if I say pancakes or scones even very quietly half the neighbourhood is at the door.

Thanks Diane I sure will give this one a whirl. Hmm could you please clarify exactly how much yeast that is, our packets come in different sizes.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Lynn, our US packages of yeast contain about 1 tablespoon yeast.

I love this idea, but I find that mixing pancakes and/or waffles is one of the easiest things to do. I'd question having eggs in a container, mixed up like this, for that long . . . I'm so careful with eggs.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thank you Sandy that helps and I have some in that size, interestingly that is quite a lot of yeast, hmm. I also wondered about keeping a mixture that contained egg but it is refrigerated and like I said I doubt it would last long, if it's in the fridge someone will think it needs cooking.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

The Fleishmann's yeast that I use comes in a strip of 3 packages with each package holding 1/4 an ounce.
          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
          X