Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

    Found this recipe here: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

    I made a couple of changes which made it totally awesome.

    Turn oven on to 375 degrees (F)

    Spray cake pan with non stick spray - I used Smart Balance (just spray - not floured)

    Dump a large can of sliced peaches in its own juice - do not drain. I used a 29 ounce can.
    Then I took a knife and fork and very quickly diced up the peach slices.
    Then I dumped a box of spiced cake mix on top - I used Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix.
    Take a fork and evenly spread over the top of the peaches and then gently press down.
    Then take a stick of butter and thinly slice it over the cake mix - try to evenly distribute it.
    Then sprinkle brown sugar over it - I used dark brown sugar - did not measure - just tried to put a small layer over the top of the cake mix/butter.
    Then lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the top.

    Bake for 45 minutes.
    Let cool and enjoy.

    Quick list of ingredients:
    1 large can (29 oz) of sliced peaches in it's own juice. (or two small 16 oz cans)
    1 cake mix - get adventurous try a new flavor - but the spice was really good.
    1 stick butter (1/2 cup) - I suppose you could use a substitute but don't know how it would turn out.
    Brown Sugar - the amount is totally up to you.
    Cinnamon

    If you try this and do a different variation let me know by posting your results. I wonder how this would taste using canned mandarin oranges and lemon cake mix.

    I made this for the first time last night and my oldest just loved it. He said "Give me the recipe Mom so I can make it for a pot luck I'm going to next weekend." He did ask about making up the cake according to the directions on the box and I told him "No" that the cake mix is an ingredient - do not add eggs, oil and water to it.
    Vonnie

    #2
    Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

    That sounds yummy.
    Sharon

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

      We have our nine year old dgd and almost four year old dgd for the next week with us and I think we will make the cobbler for dessert tonight. Will let you know Vonnie how it turns out for us!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

        I've made this cobbler recipe for years. It's a standard at our house because it's simple and delicious. The brown sugar on top is optional. We like vanilla ice cream with our warm peach cobbler.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com


        Scottie Mom Barb

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

          Sounds real good and I am going to try it as soon as I get some peaches. Thanks for sharing.
          sigpic
          Hugs Ann

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

            This sound delicious I need to try it and vanilla ice cream on top YUMMY!
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

              We've made that same "dump cake" for 30 years, we do it with Cherry Pie Filling and Apple with a yellow or white cake mix. You can do it with any fruit you like I would guess.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                Originally posted by kensington View Post
                We've made that same "dump cake" for 30 years, we do it with Cherry Pie Filling and Apple with a yellow or white cake mix. You can do it with any fruit you like I would guess.
                I know the recipe you are talking about. I remember eating one made with blueberry pie filling - it was delicious.

                But, this is the first one I've seen using canned fruit rather than pie filling. Hope everyone enjoys. I thought I had a box of yellow cake mix but all I had was Spice and a new one called Blue Velvet. I was worried about the color turning greenish! Probably be a good one for Halloween! But the Spice turned out great. Just bought some Butter Pecan cake mix. But will wait a few days before making it.
                Vonnie

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                  Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                  Found this recipe here: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

                  I made a couple of changes which made it totally awesome.

                  Turn oven on to 375 degrees (F)

                  Spray cake pan with non stick spray - I used Smart Balance (just spray - not floured)

                  Dump a large can of sliced peaches in its own juice - do not drain. I used a 29 ounce can.
                  Then I took a knife and fork and very quickly diced up the peach slices.
                  Then I dumped a box of spiced cake mix on top - I used Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix.
                  Take a fork and evenly spread over the top of the peaches and then gently press down.
                  Then take a stick of butter and thinly slice it over the cake mix - try to evenly distribute it.
                  Then sprinkle brown sugar over it - I used dark brown sugar - did not measure - just tried to put a small layer over the top of the cake mix/butter.
                  Then lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the top.

                  Bake for 45 minutes.
                  Let cool and enjoy.

                  Quick list of ingredients:
                  1 large can (29 oz) of sliced peaches in it's own juice. (or two small 16 oz cans)
                  1 cake mix - get adventurous try a new flavor - but the spice was really good.
                  1 stick butter (1/2 cup) - I suppose you could use a substitute but don't know how it would turn out.
                  Brown Sugar - the amount is totally up to you.
                  Cinnamon

                  If you try this and do a different variation let me know by posting your results. I wonder how this would taste using canned mandarin oranges and lemon cake mix.

                  I made this for the first time last night and my oldest just loved it. He said "Give me the recipe Mom so I can make it for a pot luck I'm going to next weekend." He did ask about making up the cake according to the directions on the box and I told him "No" that the cake mix is an ingredient - do not add eggs, oil and water to it.
                  I make a similar cobbler but I use a box of sugar free yellow cake mix-Pilsbury makes a great one-and no brown sugar.
                  Beth

                  Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                    Originally posted by asta View Post
                    I make a similar cobbler but I use a box of sugar free yellow cake mix-Pilsbury makes a great one-and no brown sugar.
                    Have you tried the one with putting frozen peach slices in the cake pan, spreading sugar free cake mix over it, then diet sprite evenly poured over it. Just those 3 ingredients - it's a ww recipe.
                    Vonnie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                      Will have to give this a try---thanks Vonnie!
                      Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                      Have you tried the one with putting frozen peach slices in the cake pan, spreading sugar free cake mix over it, then diet sprite evenly poured over it. Just those 3 ingredients - it's a ww recipe.
                      Beth

                      Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                        This was yummy! I used a lemon cake mix - just tasted like the cobbler, like its supposed to.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                          What size pan did you use? I'm assuming a 9 x 13. Thanks for the recipe -- sounds great!!
                          Dawn
                          A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                            Yum. That sounds delish -- and easy too! I've got to try it. Thanks for sharing
                            Ginny B

                            http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

                              You're welcome Ladies!

                              Hmm, thanks for letting us know that the lemon cake mix was good.

                              Originally posted by DCM View Post
                              What size pan did you use? I'm assuming a 9 x 13. Thanks for the recipe -- sounds great!!
                              If you click on the link on the first post they used a 9 X 13. I used a 10 X 10 and it worked just fine.
                              Vonnie

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X