X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: Snickerdoodle Blondies

Oh man...Snickerdoodles are my fav cookies! I may have to break my diet for these!!

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Just came home from having dinner with the grand-girls and daughter. And I must tell you, the snickerdoodle brownies were a hit (with DH, too) They kept asking for more even after Mommy put them away for tomorrow. They reminded me of a blonde brownie with lots of cinnamon/sugar on top....just like the cookie, but less crisp. So delicious! Thank you and keep those awesome recipes coming, Mlt!!

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Wow Snickerdoodles!!! This was the only cookie we were allowed to make growing up.Why I am not sure. I had a book from 1st grade with the recipe in it and thats all we would make. With 9 kids I guess it made enough to satisfy us all.I still have the book with the recipe. Funny thing when you mention snickerdoodles to my youngest sister she cringes!!! Thanks for posting.I may make a batch and go over to my sisters and terrorize her. Ha ha LOL.... I like em by the way

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Boy, these sound good. Just printed recipe to make and take when I visit my 'grand-girls' later today! Thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• mlt150
    started a topic Snickerdoodle Blondies

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Ingredients
    2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups packed brown sugar
    1 cup butter, room temperature
    2 eggs, at room temperature
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    a pinch nutmeg

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
    2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
    3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it’s best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
    4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.
Working...
X