Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pineapple Skewered Shrimp

Pineapple Skewered Shrimp

12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (or more depending on people being served)
    3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
    2 green onions, chopped
    1-2 tablespoons sugar
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    8 ounce can pineapple chunks –save juice
    Dash salt
    1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (optional) I do not use
    2 teaspoons lime zest (optional) I do not use

1. In a bowl combine Teriyaki sauce, green onions, sugar, garlic, pineapple juice, lemon juice and salt and any option ingredients.
    2. Add the shrimp, mix well and marinate 2-3 hours, covered. I have found out that marinating 1/2 hour works too.
    3. In the mean time, let your wooden skewers soak in water.
    4. After marinating, stick the skewer through the back of the tail, then stick one pineapple chunk onto the skewer, and then finish by threading it through the other side of the shrimp. Did I make sense…the pineapple is skewered in the middle of the shrimp.
    5. Fill each skewer with four pineapple and shrimp combinations.
    6. Coat your grill with a touch of oil or Pam and put the skewers on to cook on high 1 to 2 minutes per side. You can rotate again to have a nice brown crispy finish.
    7. Serve over rice

Re: Pineapple Skewered Shrimp

Sounds delicious! Must try this soon! Leftovers are taking over the frig...so that is what's for supper tonight. SuzyQue
    PS----you must be quite the chef---keep the yummy recipes coming! Love reading and trying them!

Comment

Re: Pineapple Skewered Shrimp

I'm always hesitant to cook with shellfish - just seems tricky to me, but this sounds like I could manage it! Are the shrimp raw when you buy them, or cooked?
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
      X