Twice Baked Potatoes

Twice Baked Potatoes

8 large russet potatoes
    2 sticks butter
    1 cup of bacon- Hormel Bacon Bits works well
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup grated cheddar/jack cheese
    ¼ cup Lowery’s seasoned salt
    2 green onions chopped (omit if freezing)
    Pinch pepper

Bake potatoes, without tinfoil, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until soft. Cut butter into pats and put into large bowl. Add bacon, sour cream. Take potatoes and slice in half (use a towel to hold potato)and carefully scoop out potato into bowl, mash. Use mixer to blend. Add salt, pepper, cheese and green onions. Scoop back into shell. Top with more cheese. Bake at 130 for 12 to 15 minutes. These can be made ahead and stored up to 3 days in refrigerater or frozen, without green onions, in zip lock bags, in freezer. *I use a potato masher with small holes that makes very fluffy potatoes.

Re: Twice Baked Potatoes

I love those! But wondering about the ingredients....is 1/4 Cup of Lawreys seasoned salt correct?? Boy that just seems like a lot of salt...

I wanted to thank you for all the yummy recipes that you post. It makes me hungry to read them, lol.
    KJ

Comment

Sounds good.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by jackkris1969 View Post
        I love those! But wondering about the ingredients....is 1/4 Cup of Lawreys seasoned salt correct?? Boy that just seems like a lot of salt...

I wanted to thank you for all the yummy recipes that you post. It makes me hungry to read them, lol.
        KJ
        So sorry for the typo.....1/4 tsp salt

Comment

1/4 tsp salt...not 1/4 cup

Comment

Could I get away with doing the first "bake" in the microwave to cut down the cooking time?
            Roxi

Comment

Originally posted by Roxianne View Post
              Could I get away with doing the first "bake" in the microwave to cut down the cooking time?
              I'm sure that would work.

Comment

Working...
              X