Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Coffee Cake

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Overnight Coffee Cake

    Overnight Coffee Cake- been baking for 20+ years

    1 stick butter, softened
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    3 peeled and chopped apples
    Mix wet ingredients, add well mixed dry ingredients. Add apple and the mixture will be thick. Put into 9 x 13 pan. Mix the following topping.

    Topping
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp butter
    1 cup nuts
    Mix well and pour over batter.
    At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for baking the next morning, or the cake can be baked immediately at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes. I top with a powdered sugar glaze.

    #2
    Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

    I'm sure going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

    "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

      Sounds yummy, but when you said 'been baking for 20 years' I thought 'it must be done by now!'.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

        mmm mmm this sounds yummy! I am hoping I can remember to mix it up Friday night before bed.
        It will be a great surprise for DD and hubby Saturday morning.
        Thanks so much!
        Lola
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

          Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
          Sounds yummy, but when you said 'been baking for 20 years' I thought 'it must be done by now!'.
          Just decided to view recipes from the gals. Your little joke cracked me up . Just thought you might want to know it didn't go unnoticed. LOL
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

            I also have the same recipe minus the apples...
            That sounds yummo! Going to make them in cupcake liners/muffins for
            my parents coffee hour at church...

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

              Originally posted by mlt150 View Post
              Overnight Coffee Cake- been baking for 20+ years

              1 stick butter, softened
              1 cup sugar
              2 eggs
              1 cup sour cream
              2 cups flour
              1 tsp soda
              1 tsp baking powder
              1/2 tsp salt
              3 peeled and chopped apples
              Mix wet ingredients, add well mixed dry ingredients. Add apple and the mixture will be thick. Put into 9 x 13 pan. Mix the following topping.

              Topping
              1 cup brown sugar
              1 tsp cinnamon
              2 tbsp butter
              1 cup nuts
              Mix well and pour over batter.
              At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for baking the next morning, or the cake can be baked immediately at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes. I top with a powdered sugar glaze.
              Sorry, but I would love to make this cake, but we need to clarify a few measurements. What is a stick of butter, and is soda bi carb? Bit like you say tomato, and I say tomartoe, isnt it.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

                Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
                Sounds yummy, but when you said 'been baking for 20 years' I thought 'it must be done by now!'.
                How funny, I had a laugh at that too

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Overnight Coffee Cake

                  Originally posted by aunteeviv View Post
                  Sorry, but I would love to make this cake, but we need to clarify a few measurements. What is a stick of butter, and is soda bi carb? Bit like you say tomato, and I say tomartoe, isnt it.
                  In the U.S. there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound package. One stick would be 4 ounces of butter (around 113 gms.)

                  Bi carb is the same as baking soda.
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X