Got Zucchini? Here's a new recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Zucchini? Here's a new recipe

I know lots of you have an overload of zucchini right now because it's all coming ripe in the garden. I follow this link below & she has a recipe for zucchini cookies with sweet potatoes in them also (you could substitute carrots for sweet potatoes). It would be good to shred up your zucchini in bags of 1 1/2 cups & freeze them to make in the fall & winter when you don't have zucchini in the garden. I've not tried this but she says they are delicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWF_OoqZptI

If you make these & like them, please give us a review on what you think. Thanks!
    Texas

I’m going to try this…..I have a lot of Zuchinni….if you shred and freeze, be sure to draw the moisture first by sprinkling salt over it for a bit on a paper towel after shredding… Super crispy next year.. I’m close to putting some up in the freezer cuz I’m sick of it. Lol..
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Our zucchini were producing faster than we could eat them. I have made zucchini bread and have quite a few loaves in the freezer. I even tried a recipe for chocolate zucchini bread which was quite good. I have a few more left so I may try this cookie recipe.
      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

You know, I stopped growing squash a few years back because everyone had gardens full of it and would share. Do you think anyone I know has any? nope...they must have all thought the same as me. And down here, no one seems to grow tomatoes either. I am devastated not havng green tomatoes.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• MHG Winnower
          MHG Winnower commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps your grocery carries tomatillos. You can fry them. The flavor profile is a bit different, but good.

I did make these. Very very good. However I found out my oven was very off. I can't wait to try them again. They won't taste differently but won't be so flat next time. 😁

Nancy
        Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

• osewme
          osewme commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad you tried these, Nancy & that they were good. I will be making some but probably not for a while. I didn't plant zucchini this year but it's always available in the grocery stores. Thanks for the review!
      Working...
      X