Icing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icing question

Ladies, DGS's have asked for iced cookies with sprinkles for a friend. I have all the stuff,to do this just don't know what type of icing is best?
    Thanks for your help.
    Kathy

I'd do a simple butter cream.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I just mash about 4T butter up till soft. Add about 2 c (1/2 bag) of powdered sugar and thin as needed by adding milk or heavy cream one T at a time. (If you add too much milk it will be too runny and then you will have to add more powd sugar)At the end stir in 2 T. Karo syrup and mix well. This will make your frosting harden a little so they don't get stuck together when you put them in a tin. Sugar cookies are my favorite!

Comment

I do Joycelyns recipe and but use a lid full of either vanilla, lemon or orange extract.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

Interesting -- I have always just done mine with icing sugar, a bit of milk and almond extract. I will have to look for Karo syrup -- never heard of that.
          However, sugar cookies don't last long around here.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

I would also use parchment paper in between layers of cookies.

I remember when my kids were in elementary school and I got a call from the room mother of my oldest son's class. She reminded me it was my turn to make cookies for the class party the next day. It seems my son signed me up and forgot to tell me. I rushed down to the store and bought a tube of sugar cookie dough, a can of vanilla frosting and some sprinkles. They turned out so good I got a lot of compliments. I never did tell them how I made them. But DH and I both worked full time. When I look back on how much we got done in those days I don't know where I got the energy from! My day started at 5:30 am and I would fall into bed about 9pm, exhausted! But I did sleep a lot better!
            Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
              Interesting -- I have always just done mine with icing sugar, a bit of milk and almond extract. I will have to look for Karo syrup -- never heard of that.
              However, sugar cookies don't last long around here.
              The Karo makes it shiny.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
              X