X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegan recipes

After 51 years of marriage we are in a menu
    rut. I’m looking for some different healthy
    recipes. Maybe try some vegan recipes. (?)
    Interested if anyone has some they like.
    We keep carbohydrates low in our diet.
    Im allergic to wheat sugar milk soy yeast
    Which limits many recipes is the reason
    I thought I’d try vegan recipes.

Carrot soup is really delicious. You peel carrots and cut in large chunks. Cook in chicken or veggie broth. Add chopped onions, cumin, salt, pepper. When carrots are done put it all thru blender. I usuallyheat portions up with a bit of heavy cream but you could skip that or substitute milk if there is a kind you are not allergic to. Potato soup is great too and you could add leftover bits of ham or bacon. I racked my brain trying to think of other things but your allergies/limitations have me stumped. So many recipes have cheese or noodles and it sounds like you can't eat that.

Comment

Veggie stir fry- favorite full bodied veggies (peas, corn, carrots, eggplant especially if you can find the sweet Japanese ones, broccoli, mushrooms of any variety, ect...) cut them to bite sized pieces, add enough oil of choice to just coat the bottom of a frying pan and bring to med-high heat, toss in your veggies by order of cooks the slowest and just keep tossing them around till your preferred doneness. Great seasonings to add are garlic, onions, ginger and sesame seeds.

Remove the veg mix from the pan, add enough oil of choice to the pan again and drop COLD COOKED rice into the pan, spread it out a bit breaking up any large chunks of rice and let it cook for a few minutes undisturbed till golden brown on the bottom, toss back in the veg mix and toss everything together several times till well mixed.

For a gluten free teriyaki type sauce use tamarin (gluten free soy sauce basically)and mirin (Japanese cooking wine) and a little bit of red chili paste or crushed red pepper flakes for that little bit of heat. You can even garnish with some toasted cashews, almonds, or peanuts or really just about any nut of choice. To make it really fancy and bring out that smoky toasty flavor add some black sesame seeds on top. Quick and easy and open to tons of variety from rice types to veg mixes to nuts, seeds and sauces

Comment

We really like chickpeas cooked in a tomato sauce, like pasta e ceci, but you could substitute a different starch, like rice.
        Gail, Mid-Michigan

Comment

I make this chickpea dish a lot; it's perfect for cold weather. Got it from the NYTimes.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...=search&rank=1
          Michele
          ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Working...
          X