X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vidalia onion or Sweet onion salad

This is one of my favorite salads.

Vidalia onion or Sweet onion salad;

2 or 3 Vidalia onions sliced and seperated into rings. (cut in half or quarters if desired)
    Marinate;
    1/4 cup on olive oil
    2 Tbs white wine vinegar
    2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tsp dried oregano (be sure to crush dried oregano between fingers to release oil)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4 lb crumbled Feta cheese
    marinate onions with all ingredents except Feta cheese at room temp all afternoon. Just before serving crumble Feta cheese and add to salad. Stir to mix.
    Refrigerate left overs but bring to room temp before serving. Stir again.
    Note: you can adjust olive oil vineger and lemon juice to your liking, or if you use big onions then you will need more marinate.
    After you eat all of the onions there is always some marinate left. So I use as a basis for salad dressing for sala. Always freshen with more lemon juice.

Thank you sooooo much. We adore Vidalia onions 🧅💕. Now all I need is feta cheese….. 🧀
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Sounds really good. Going to save this. Thank you.

Comment

I make marinated onions all the time and keep some in the fridge for sandwiches or whatever. We love feta too so this is a perfect pairing in my book. Will give your recipe a try...thanks so much!
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

This sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely try it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
          X