No announcement yet.

Vintage kitchen tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think sometimes we don't realize how our surroundings can affect our moods. I was recalling this morning how after my separation and divorce from my first husband I just couldn't seem to get out of the "funk". Then I realized that my surroundings just weren't helping. Everything was from the "past"....a very unhappy past. I made an effort to start making a new "space", one which was "me" not "thee". One day I was walking through a large mall and in one of the windows I saw an "everyday" set of dishes and I started to smile. I didn't really "need" dishes. Lo and behold, the pattern was one my grandmother had and I felt like I was visiting and spending some of the cherished times I had with my grandfather. I had the store put them on lay away because I didn't have much money. It was one of those turn around moments in my life, every morning I could sit down, have a bowl of cereal and remember what a difference he made in my life because he loved me so much.

Just thought I'd share. Sometimes having things from the past with their cherished memories can so influence our lives in the present.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Carlie Wolf, I couldn't help but think of Marie Kondo and how she preaches that if something doesn't "spark joy," you should get rid of it. My own personal corollary to that is that if you find something that does spark joy, you should indeed acquire it. Do you still have those dishes?

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
        Carlie Wolf, I couldn't help but think of Marie Kondo and how she preaches that if something doesn't "spark joy," you should get rid of it. My own personal corollary to that is that if you find something that does spark joy, you should indeed acquire it. Do you still have those dishes?
        I think when I moved up to Canada I lost them :-(. A lot of stuff I moved up there in my van but I had about 10 boxes of things I paid a "friend" to ship up. She never did and I paid her twice. Hummmmm, end of that friendship!!
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

There is a shop on Etsy called, HayMeadow Vintage, that has some of the cutest things. Love to browse and have bought a couple of things.
          Apparently they buy from estate sales and auctions. l The prices are reasonable also.

Comment

Working...
          X