Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    There's alot to reduce carbs. I find veggie noodles are a good cab substitute. I can't do sugar or most pastas. I eat spaghetti squash for spagetti, zucchini noodles for rice, pound out bonless skinless chicken thighs and stuff them with veggies and bake, stuffed green peppers..I do brown them first so they bake soft, tuna stuffed tomatoes, egg cups are great..you can put anything in them. There's lots of possibilities and

• auntstuff
    commented on 's reply
    My husband would still be alive today if I could have convinced him this worked. That man loved his garbage food more than life

• jjkaiser
    commented on 's reply
    Wow 60# lost! Congrats!!! That's like the equivalent of a half a person. I bet you were excited to go off your meds.

• Little Hobbit
    replied
    I hate pre-packaged foods or anything veggies canned. When I was diagnoised with type 2 non insulin dependent, meaning I was taking pills I upped my diet change which I had started months before, Almost no sugar just in my coffee. In 1 year lost 60 pounds and was off my pills.

Leave a comment:

• Retha
    replied
    I have lost 25 lbs. in 6 months following the low carb and trying to cut out sugars. I also walk 3 miles most mornings. I have thought about doing the carnivore diet but haven't quite taken the plunge yet. The low carb is working well and my numbers have really come down. I am pre-diabetic and am working hard to not become diabetic. It is amazing how much better I feel!! I just turned 67 a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bernina2
    replied
    We have cut carbs from our diet because carbs break down to sugar.
    My husband and I are 68, we do NOT have diabetes but both of us have a family history of diabetes.
    Also, generally speaking if you are over weight thereโ€™s a possibility you eat too many carbs. The first thing a doctor will tell you- if you are overweight, which we are not
    cut back on carbs as well as sugar.
    Eapecially if there is a family history
    of diabetes. By eliminating carbs and sugar from our diet, as well as salt,
    we can continue to remain healthy.

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    commented on 's reply
    This: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/29/s...sultPosition=1

• auntstuff
    replied
    Everyone needs a certain amount of daily carbs. Its what provides your energy.

Leave a comment:

• Bernina2
    replied
    The problem I find- We eat healthy meals made from scratch. We never eat already prepared frozen meals.
    Therefore we basically eat the same meals over and over. When I search for new recipes- they are full of carbs and include cups of cheese.
    We have removed carbs and sugar from our diet as well as salt.
    One of the problems I find is men wonโ€™t eat 1 serving. Or eat a Large serving saying they are only eating 1 serving. Americans diets have caused us to be overweight and caused many health problems.
    Many health problems can be avoided by eating healthier. therefore avoiding toxic medication.
    I would love to see healthy recipes
    if anyone has them.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    Some people don't want to eat๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜œ

• jjkaiser
    commented on 's reply
    I looked at that and huh. I am such a picky eater. You would never invite me to dinner! I would never eat meatloaf made with...chickpeas. Or most of the other recipes. I mean, I like veggies but just steamed plain and not disguised as meat substitutes. I just like regular food. Meat loaf made with hamburger. Pot pie made with chicken, etc.

• chelea
    commented on 's reply
    Oh what a beautiful website! Thanks so much Lorie. This is exactly what I was looking for.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you, not a salmon fan either!

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    TMP you should try meal prep or look at delish.com. It's great for smaller portions. I eat healthy where my live in bf does not...he can eat whatever and not gain. if he eats rice I spiral my own zucchini noodles and steam them. Egg cups are great too in silicon baking cups. The only veggie he eats is broccoli, I get mine and just modify what I'm cooking. You should look it really is eye opening what meals you can make for one person.

• Hulamoon
    replied
    I have been meaning to post to you. I follow a mom and daughter team on their blog and Instagram. They are vegans, but they have plenty of recipes you could adapt if you wanted to add any animal products like milk, cheese, eggs, ect. Beautiful website too.

Vegan & Planet-Based Recipes | Vegan Comfort Food That Everyone Will Love | Veganosity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X