Apple Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Recipes

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any recipes to share using Fuji or Gala apples? So far this year, my family and I have made so far an Apple French Toast Casserole, Apple Fritters, Apple Filled Doughnuts, along with Apple Amish Friendship Bread.
    Thank you.
    Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

I have Amish Apple oatmeal recipe saved from Pinterest. It uses Gala. I haven't made it though.

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/amis...baked-oatmeal/

There are plenty more if you type that in.

🌺 Lorie

Comment

I don't really have a written recipe but I do rosemary pork with apples in the crockpot. Galas work well.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I have an old recipe from my husband's maternal grandmother. She and her husband ran a bakery back in the 20's and 30's until they had to close because of rationing. It is called Apple Pie Cake. It is a very moist cake and my recipe bakes it in a pie pan but I have doubled the recipe and baked in a 9x13 pan.

1/2 cup shortening
        1 cup sugar
        1 teaspoon baking soda
        1 cup flour
        1 egg
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1 teaspoon cinnamon
        1 teaspoon nutmeg
        1/2 cup chopped walnuts
        2 1/2 cups chopped apples

Mix together as given. Put into greased 9-inch pie pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped topping or ice cream. My note at the bottom of the page says a doubled recipe fits well in a 9x13 pan.

Carlie

Comment

• Granny Fran
          Granny Fran commented
          Editing a comment
          Yummmm. Thanks

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you ever tried it with butter instead of shortening?

• Murphy224
          Murphy224 commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds wonderful. Do you use plain or self rising flour?

You’re welcome Granny Fran! I love sharing my recipes!
        Carlie

Comment

Hulamoon, no I have not. Never thought to try it with butter instead.
          Carlie

Comment

I've made monkey bread with apples. My kids ate it like crazy.
            You can make it as little or large as you want. I have 5 kids, 4 are grown now so I don't make it often anymore.

I bought the 4 pack of pillsbury or generic biscuits. As many as you need for the size pan you're using.
            Melt butter and combine sugar with cinnamon in separate bowls. I have a apple peeler from pampered chief that I sprial the apples. I dip the biscuit in the melted butter then cinnamon and sugar. I put an apple slice between the biscuits in the pan. Bake at 350 for 30 mins checking it often. Really cheap to make and everyone loves them!!

Comment

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh that sounds delicious.

Thank you Ladies for sharing your apple recipes! Yesterday my family and I ordered another case of Fuji apples from one of the various wholesale companies that we deal with in Nassau. They will be arriving on the mailboat that comes to our island next week, then I will be able to make all of the delicious recipes that you have shared.
            Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

Comment

I just noticed you live in the Bahamas. I'm on Kauai, Hi. Isn't island life interesting during a Pandemic? 🌴 No tourists, no traffic. lol
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
              X