Ingredients

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour **
    1 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons milk
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes, (I bake mine as I think the flavor is better), cool and peel and mash
    1 cup chopped pecans, ( I also toast pecans)
    1/2 cup golden raisins, (Plump in 1/2 cup of milk and use 2-Tbs in recipe.)

Steps
    • 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 8x4-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
    • 2. Add oil, milk and eggs; blend well. Stir in sweet potatoes, pecans and raisins until well mixed. Pour into pan.
    • 3. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
    ** you can make your own self rising flour as follows:
    1 cup less 2-Teaspoons, regular flour
    1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Last edited by farmgirlretired; September 7, 2020, 09:02 PM.

I will try this for sure. It sounds wonderful.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have a pumpkin bread recipe similar to this, it is a canning jar recipe from Kerr Glass. I used to make & can in jars for Bob to take on the road with him, keeps for about 6 months in the jars. I'd imagine you could substitute with anything you choose.
      Kathryn
      Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

Oh, this sounds really good!!! Must give this a try. Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Working...
        X