Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to share how to tenderize protein

Hi,

I wanted to share this in case like me it was news. I cook a lot and never heard of velvet meat until I ran across an article last night. Chinese food always has the most tender meat due to a velvet process. I tried it last night before making beef and broccoli and wow it works. The meat I found Carne Asada is usually a little tough but it was super tender last night. Below is the article I stumbled on.

https://kitchenencounters.typepad.co...-chinese-.html

Have a great day! Rachel

That's interesting. I think I saw a Chinese chef do this on TV a long time ago. There was a running program on PBS that I used to watch. I'll try it next time.

Okay I have one for you. Greasy mushrooms. In order not to get them don't throw them into a saute pan full of oil. They are like sponges and absorb it all. Instead, put them into a hot pan and after a min of stirring put in a little water and stir that out until it's gone. Then you can brown them in the oil. This technique closes the 'pores' of the mushroom so no oil gets in.

That was for people that like mushrooms. 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄😋
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just made mushrooms this morning for my bacon egg cups! I'll do that next time...thanks!

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Hi,

I wanted to share this in case like me it was news. I cook a lot and never heard of velvet meat until I ran across an article last night. Chinese food always has the most tender meat due to a velvet process. I tried it last night before making beef and broccoli and wow it works. The meat I found Carne Asada is usually a little tough but it was super tender last night. Below is the article I stumbled on.

https://kitchenencounters.typepad.co...-chinese-.html

Have a great day! Rachel
    Thank you for this!! Could you maybe also cross post in the recipe section? That way I will know where to find it when I need it. I might forget where to look. LOL I'm getting old!

Comment

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      No need to cross post when the moderator moves it to the correct place, rather than in quilting discussion

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! I forgot there was a recipe thread!! I appreciate you guys!

• sydneybean
      sydneybean commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry! Just thought I'd ask to make it easier to find.

This was very interesting. I will give it a try next time.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
    X