What's for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's for Dinner?

DH and I are in a rut. It seems that we tend to fall back on a few recipes, and repeat them ad nauseam. Are you willing to share your favorite easy dinner recipe? Here's mine:

Yogurt Craisin Turkey Salad
    3 c. cooked turkey breast, cubed
    1 c. chopped celery
    1/3 c. dried cranberries (craisins)
    1/3 c. chopped green pepper
    1/3 c. sliced scallions
    1/3 c. slivered almonds, toasted
    2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
    2 Tbsp. grated orange zest
    1 carton (6 oz.) lemon yogurt

Bake turkey according to package directions. Cut cooked, cooled turkey breast into cubes. In large bowl, combine turkey, celery, craisins, green pepper, scallions, almonds, sesame seeds, and orange zest. Fold in yogurt, coating all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 4-6 servings

I sometimes grill turkey tenderloins, or substitute poached chicken breasts. I really don't measure anything; I just use 3-4 celery ribs, an entire green pepper and a bunch of scallions. Since I tend to round up, it makes a bigger batch and I use 2 cartons of lemon yogurt for the dressing. This salad doesn't have a lot of carbs, since there is no pasta or other "filler."

This sounds wonderful! And perfect for this scorching weather we're having.

Comment

Mexican Cicken
      i recently came up with this recipe
      when looking for something different
      for supper.
      2 chicken breasts cubed
      1 can black beans\ drain & rinsed
      1/2 bag frozen onions/peppers
      salsa
      chicken broth

in a electric skillet
      I stir fry the veggies (set aside)
      cook the cubes chicken
      Add veggies & beans to chicken
      Add salsa to flavor
      i add a small amount of chicken broth
      to the mixture if it’s too thick
      i cook on low for 20 minutes
      Serve
      This is a quick and easy recipe with ingredients always on hand.

Comment

My hot weather go to is just cold tuna pasta salad with shell macaroni and canned peas mixed with mayo. Add a little chopped celery if I have it. Also really good when large baseball size tomatoes are in season: hollow out some of the tomato and fill with imitation crabmeat salad you get at the deli, the kind without the pasta pieces in it. Feels like something you would get at a fancy hotel dining room.

Comment

I've been making chicken enchiladas lately. Instead of red sauce I switched to Chile verde or a green salsa. Mild for me. Make it in layers as high s you like with

corn tortilla
          sauce
          cooked shredded chicken, I like breasts for this
          shredded Mexican cheese blend

Cover with foil at 350 for 25min or until it's melted and hot.

The green has a lighter, fresher taste than red I think. It even tasted good cold. lol

The other night I was to hot to eat or cook

Chobani vanilla yogurt
          cut strawberries and bananas
          shredded coconut
          toasted pecans
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you know an easy way to shred chicken? After it's boiled, throw the breasts into your kitchenaid mixer. Using the flat beater, on low speed, beat for about five seconds. If that isn't long enough, do a couple more seconds. Don't do it too long or you will have chicken sawdust!

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            i think I heard that before. I like to make bar-b-que chicken sandwiches too. I'll just just it all at once now. Thanks for the reminder!

I saw this video recently, and it sounded funny but I tried it. It is awesome !!! Cowboy Kent's root beer potatoes
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qftv73Q1PU

Comment

My go to quick dinner dish is Pasta and Peas with leftover pasta sauce. (our last name is Bambino....we always have leftover sauce) I use small shell pasta. While cooking the pasta, I bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, I put the peas into the water and then remove the pot from the heat and let them "cook" in the hot water while the pasta cooks. Drain the pasta when it is done, spoon the sauce over the pasta, strain the peas and stir them into the pasta. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Yummy and quick.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I cook a lot, one of mine from growing up is nacho delight.

Doritos of your choice (they used to only be the red bag, now many flavors)..open a small way to let the air out. Break up the chips a little bit by just pressing down on the bag. Line a cookie sheet with broken chips.

top with cooked ground beef, tomato, onion, green pepper all diced small. Put cheese of choice on top. BAKE till the cheese melts at 350. Enjoy with Salsa.

you can modify anyway with any meat or veggies.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                jjkaiser commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh this makes me hungry! I have also had this with leftover shredded chicken which is good too esp with melted cheddar
            Working...
            X