How to make homemade cream of anything soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make homemade cream of anything soup

I have had this saved for song long on my Pinterest account. I hardly buy anything canned if I don't have to especially creamed soup. it's one of those food aversions. lol

https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/how-t...anything-soup/
    🌺 Lorie

This is a great idea. Granted, I can't eat dairy or wheat, but this is easily adaptable to rice flour and rice milk!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Lorie,
      I never purchase canned soup.....never have. Years ago, I made homemade Cream of Mushroom soup (similar to link recipe you posted for everyone) and my goodness, I have handed out the recipe out to family & friends, etc. I use fresh mushrooms and that's the key to it!
      th5FMLQSK5.jpg
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this!!

Comment

I think the only creamed soup I've ever made is asparagus. When we can asparagus (dilled), we snap off the bottoms and freeze them. When we want the soup, I boil them, toss them into the blender and puree. I return it to the pan with some cream and heat. It's quick, easy, and delicious!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I love asparagus and that sounds delicious!

I have to say that I haven't looked at this site in awhile. It looks like she recently updated it. Before, she had a recipe for each type, like potato, mushroom, asparagus etc. They were all different. I'm disappointed 😒....

But I guess the celery is a master recipe and you just swap out the veggie. I might make some brocolii soup for a casarole soon.
          Last edited by Hulamoon; June 5, 2020, 06:43 PM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I make almost all my soups homemade but I do love Campbell's cream of chicken soup and always add it to my gravy when I make stewed chicken.

Comment

I do pretty much the same, only using cornstarch instead of flour. I love my home made cream of celery soup.
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

This sounds really good. Anyone tried this with Almond flour or Coconut Flour?

Can I use the Cream of Cheese soup to make Mac N Cheese?
                Vonnie

Comment

• redcaboose1717
                  redcaboose1717 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a friend that uses the Cream of Cheese soup to make Mac & Cheese. I don't know how she thickens it though. She brought it for a Pot-Luck several families and friends had a few of years ago. It was good.

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                This sounds really good. Anyone tried this with Almond flour or Coconut Flour?

Can I use the Cream of Cheese soup to make Mac N Cheese?
                The flour is for thickening, so maybe a corn or potato starch. I read somewhere you can use potato flakes ( instant mashed ) as a sub. I didn't even think of mac and cheese. I only made that about twice and it looks like the base of it. I might try that on steamed veggies!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post

The flour is for thickening, so maybe a corn or potato starch. I read somewhere you can use potato flakes ( instant mashed ) as a sub. I didn't even think of mac and cheese. I only made that about twice and it looks like the base of it. I might try that on steamed veggies!
                  I was actually thinking of making a mock mac n cheese using cauliflower.
                  Vonnie

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yum! Have you ever been to a Marie Callendar's? There was one by my house in Calif and my mom would take me pretty often. I always got the steamed assorted veggies with cheese sauce. They were before their time for having veggie meals. I wonder if they are still around?

• GuitarGramma
                    GuitarGramma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lorie, I don't know how the chain is doing as a whole, but my local Marie Callendar's is closed and the building is for lease. Such a shame. Our family has a tradition of buying a Marie Callendar's cherry pie on my late father-in-law's birthday, as that was a favorite of his!

• tsladaritz
                    tsladaritz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you are diabetic, a lot of people use just block cream cheese to thicken things. Also there is xantham gum but I am not fond of the texture/taste of it. It gets gummy really fast so a very tiny bit goes a long way. I have made veg broth and am going to try meat broth next. Have not tried cream of anything yet. But I think I will try what someone else mentioned. Boil the item, blend to puree and add almond milk or cream if needed. I tried some canned cream of ...and it raised my blood sugar. Good luck with yours! Oh and when I make mac and cheese I make a basic cheese sauce and a pinch of dry mustard. I don't eat it but for myself I make plain roasted cauliflower sprinkled with garlic and salt then Parmesan for the last few minutes. So yummy good.

Arrowroot powder and rice flour work too.
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Working...
                  X