Peanut butter bread 1932 From Canada

Ingredients
    2 c. all purpose flour
    1/4 c. sugar
    4 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. salt
    1 1/3 c. milk
    1/2 c. peanut butter
    (Glen recommended adding a little more in the video, so I added another big spoonful)
    Method: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients. Mix in the milk, then the peanut butter. Scrape into greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.

Glen makes recipes from depression era cookbooks in his series
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qL0aVIyyws&t=332s

The video was good. What an interesting hobby!
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

So, how did your bread turn out? It sounds like it would be heavy.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• auntstuff
      auntstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually about like a muffin

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    So, how did your bread turn out? It sounds like it would be heavy.
    I didn't try it yet (that was a copy and paste) but if you watch the video he said it came out lighter than he thought. He explains the history of it. I was hoping our members from Canada would pop in and see if they knew about this.
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never heard of it, sorry.

That's an interesting recipe. I have never heard of it, but I will scour mom's cookbooks to see if its in there. I have a lot of old favorite Canadian recipes.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I saw a food network personality make this as a no yeast bread. He mixed the milk and peanut butter to make it easier to mix. He put chocolate in it too. But no eggs or yeast.

Comment

Working...
      X